Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very new to river fishing and am wanting to get out of fishing at the local ponds around here... Used to fish with my Dad on his boat in lakes all the time but those days are gone. I don't have a boat to be able to make CC worth it so I'm trying to spread into the LMR and GMR (or the others).

I know people don't like to give their spots away so if anyone wants to pm me that's great. I fully respect other peoples fishing spots, (I always cleanup trash, catch and release and keep secrets etc) But I'm just looking for some spots to fish that are easy to get to and you can fish in the night hours (and some in the day) without being bothered. Went out last night and looked from Moraine and set up camp in Miamisburg. Got skunked which I expect while looking for spots and the current looked like it was moving a tad fast through there.

Any help is appreciated though. I've also tried using the search feature but their is a ton of info on this site and finding things this specific is a pretty big challenge.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm very new to river fishing and am wanting to get out of fishing at the local ponds around here... Used to fish with my Dad on his boat in lakes all the time but those days are gone. I don't have a boat to be able to make CC worth it so I'm trying to spread into the LMR and GMR (or the others).

I know people don't like to give their spots away so if anyone wants to pm me that's great. I fully respect other peoples fishing spots, (I always cleanup trash, catch and release and keep secrets etc) But I'm just looking for some spots to fish that are easy to get to and you can fish in the night hours (and some in the day) without being bothered. Went out last night and looked from Moraine and set up camp in Miamisburg. Got skunked which I expect while looking for spots and the current looked like it was moving a tad fast through there.

Any help is appreciated though. I've also tried using the search feature but their is a ton of info on this site and finding things this specific is a pretty big challenge.
2 good spots for the stillwater are at the englewood dam, and at the park in west milton.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts