close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

river smallies

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by DAVEM, Oct 9, 2004.

1. DAVEM

DAVEM TOP WATER SMALLIES

Didn't see another person on the river today. Man I love the fall smallmouth fishing. Not a lot of fish but the quality was there. I caught 2 14's and a 16 along with 6 or so small ones. All on crankbaits. I would hate to be a shad in that river.

2. DAVEM

DAVEM TOP WATER SMALLIES

Sorry.The Scioto below Oshay. It's good fishing all the way south to 161. I have caught smallies in there close to 20 inches.

3. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

dave you got any proof that you caught fish???? :D :D nice job on the smallies, we blanked saturday beside the gills...pops got one crappie...

later,

4. DAVEM

DAVEM TOP WATER SMALLIES

nothing like the pig we lost next to the boat at Alum. If that fish wasn't 6 I'll never fish again. Come down to the river with me someday and I will show you what a river smallie looks like. It requires some walking though.

5. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

with the whole deal that went down with krista loosin her job, i gotta pick up some slack and work OT and maybe get another job for the next few months... im sure we can work out a time... definately will need waders, even if i can stay dry.. hehe...

sowbelly

6. Congrats on gettin the smallies. I've been out twice in the last two weeks and it's been slow going. Trying buzz,spinners,tubes without luck. Fished the area betw. 270 and leatherlips.
    ski

7. i have caught some monsters in that stretch below oshay...i catch the big ones with crawlers..believe it or not,just let the bait flow with the current.there are also some huge largemouth in that stretch and i have seen lm and sm over 5 lbs caught below the spillway.

8. DAVEM

DAVEM TOP WATER SMALLIES

Ski if you like fishing cranks it's hard to beat anything that looks like a shad. Try shallow shad raps or big o's. Buckeye79 I know what you mean about the big bass below O'SHAY. That stretch of river is the best I have seen. It's easier to float that section but you can wade it on the East bank. Good luck.