Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy one to fish rivers almost exclusively, and the coosa is out of the budget. I'm going to white water warehouse tomorrow, they have a liquid logic marvel 10. Would this be ok for rivers? Specifically shallow use. Would the old town vapor be better?

·
Multi Species Angler
6,099 Posts
I like the Marvel but I've never paddled it. Not sure about the Vapor.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Budget is around 500ish, I'm going to have to go look at them lol. It seems majority of the kayaks are around 12', not as many in the 10' range. Most of the water I fish is slow and shallow.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a couple yaks wwwh has on the website.
http://paddlesportsdayton.com/index.php?cID=160

Check for deals. I got my kayak for 400 dollars off. :D
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
That's were I saw the marvel 10 at, I was told by a friend of a friend that his is really nice. They aren't all that far from me so hopefully I can get down there soon.

·
Registered
146 Posts
There is a store in michi for an called kayak corral that marks everything way down at end of year. You might be able to get into a native or a jackson even a coussa for 600ish.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Who?
3,415 Posts
Yup, slightly. But it would also do fine on a river.
The Rhythm also has a much better seat. Both REALLY good boats for the price.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup, slightly. But it would also do fine on a river.
The Rhythm also has a much better seat. Both REALLY good boats for the price.
Excellent, thanks for your help. I don't think the extra foot if length will make that big of a difference, hopefully.

·
Who?
3,415 Posts
Just looked at that Marvel...that's a pretty damn nice boat. Great seat. And Liquid Logic is a great company. I think a couple guys split off from WS back in the day to form Liquid Logic.
If you can get a good deal, that's nice!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Go to this site http://watercraft.ohiodnr.gov/registrationagents and fin the agent nearest to you. Do some research on there and see exactly what you need to take with you, reciept, ect and it shouldn't take you long to get it registered. i just bought two kayaks last Friday and got the alternative registration on Saturday and was out that afternoon... Can't believe you have to register a kayak or even better a float tube in Ohio, but it is easy... Nice kayak and hope to see you out there!!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
If you go to a watercraft office you can get it registered same day. I go to the Office at Buck Creek State park to get my renewals and they give me a new sticker right then and there. I don't see why it would be any different for a new boat. But Springfield might be too much of a drive for you. But there might be a closer option.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you go to a watercraft office you can get it registered same day. I go to the Office at Buck Creek State park to get my renewals and they give me a new sticker right then and there. I don't see why it would be any different for a new boat. But Springfield might be too much of a drive for you. But there might be a closer option.
It's not too far maybe an hour but it says they aren't open on Saturday on the registration sheet unless that has changed.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts