close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

River Cleanup Oct 23rd

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ashtonmj, Oct 13, 2004.

1. I just wanted to get the word out here because I know how many of us OGF'ers do participate and organize things like this either for the club or outside. My company twice yearly does a river cleanup along the Little Cuyahoga at Cascade Lock/Mustill Store in Akron as part of the now defunt Adopt a Waterway Program. There is several miles to clean up and always ALOT of garbage. Unfortunately we have removed dozens apon dozens of bags of trash and a week later after a good rain you cannot tell the difference but this does help greatly with the river and its surroundings. This is something we usually have about 20-30 people show up for because that is about all we personally can take care of logistically (food, bags, gloves, etc.) We will be doing our fall cleanup Oct 23rd from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM. If anyone is interested in volunteering to help clean up please PM me with info so I can put you in touch with the coordinator and so we know a general idea of attendance. Under 18 we have to have sign a waiver. Food and drinks and trash bags (we actually ran out after 4 hours with plenty of trash left) to share or donate are also always welcome.

Thank you all.

2. If you would like, I could do a story on the clean up and put it on Akron's 23 News. Good cause that deserves coverage. Call me at work tomorrow. 330-535-4105 and we can set it up. It may even go on TV 3's news.

Oh yeah, I'm in after 1pm this week.

3. HI

I just might be able to recruit a legion of John Carroll University students for this cleanup -- and others, too. My girlfriend is on the faculty and we've been trying to organize something like this ever since we moved to Cleveland about a year ago -- our failure is laziness on our part. It's short notice, but if they don't get involved in this one, we'll make another cleanup happen. They are, for the most part, good kids who want to do something -- anything -- to make a difference.

Any JCU students who visit this website should look into joining Generation Green -- PM me for details.

Thanks,
    JM

4. Wow a legion kinda makes it sound scary. From the interest we have gotten in the past day or two I have a feeling we are going to be overwhelmed and short ALOT of bags and gloves, and the donated food will be ravaged through in a second. But the River will be ALOT cleaner. I will continue to pass along all responses. If you want to talk to the person in charge of the Little Cuyahoga Fall River Cleanup directly you can email him at jbingham@enviroscienceinc.com or private message me and I will pass it along.

5. Just a final reminder about the River Cleanup of the Little Cuyahoga from 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM at the Cascade Lock/Falls Mustill Store area. If you plan on attending please contact Joel Bingham at jbingham@enviroscienceinc.com or at 330 688 0111 by tomorrow afternoon.