close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

River carpin spots

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by flathunter, Jan 1, 2005.

1. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I took a long walk today, and was checking out some of my fishing spots in the early morning fog...Guys I have some very easy access river spots..Take a look at this pic, and it even has a gravel path along it to pull your cart from the parking lot.

[​IMG]

2. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

AHHHH....sweet river spot Jack, you know im interested for sure!!

Scott

3. OK...when we going :D ?? Looks like my type of place...

4. flathunter

Heres a pic of the same location once some of the fog has lifted...As you can see there is alot of bank access, and you can even fish the bank from where the river bends clear to the bridge..Public area, parking for dozens of cars.

[​IMG]

5. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

great looking spot Jack...is that an island in the bend?
    Looks like a good cat spot too.

Scott

6. flathunter

Yea it's and island..usually alot more is exposed, but the river is up.

7. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

alright..lets go already...where is this?? what city is it in??
    thanks jack..

8. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Hey Ak...Jack's River guide service for carpers charges $100 a half season to hit his spots..this includes a road map which is marked with gas stations, food stops near by. BUT locations of feedstores near his spots will cost an extra $50, but what else ya going to do if your are catching like mad for a few days and run out of bait...lol.

Scott

PS, thank goodness im also a catman and he gives BIG discounts to Flathead anglers for the same maps...lol

9. flathunter

:D That is funny as Heck Scott..AK, This spot is 45 miles south of you, about an hr from Columbus..I dont think I have ever saw anyone carp fishing these spots, mostly catfishermen, and also a few trotlines for cats :mad:
    But I think you pretty much have the Carp to yourselfs ;)
    I only fished for Carp a handfull of times last year, But I have seen alot of Carp jumping and rolling in this area in the spring early summer.
    Even on a weekend in the spring there usually is hardly anbody fishing this area.

10. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Thanks Jack, i thought you'd enjoy that one...

Man(drooling) that area is sounding better and better the more ya talk about it.
    I'd love to see the looks on the local anglers faces when a bunch of us carpers showed up with our crazy gear...lol...i always love the reaction we get when people come by and have no clue about the kind of "gear" we use, makes for some funny looks.

Scott

11. catking

catking Banned

I'll swing by and pick up cwcarper, say around May or so :) Looks FANTASTIC !!! THE CATKING !!!