close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

River Carpin next weekend

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by flathunter, Jan 30, 2005.

1. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Guys remember, the pics I posted of the easy access spots on the scioto..Well they are very fishable and I want to fish them next weekend saturday or sunday, anbody care to join me?..Have not looked at them after this flood but I assume they are the same and will check them out this week.

2. flathunter

Sounds cool AK, supposed to be a dry week, the temps in the high 40's next weekend

3. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i know maan.. i have been watching the weather very closely myself.. :D
    are you gonna chuck in some corn for us? :p

4. flathunter

I can do that, but I would have to throw it in by hand, the day before?..I will be going saturday for sure.

5. crappielooker

you dont have to maan..it would be coool if you did though.. lol.. how do i get there from here?? that's my real question..

6. flathunter

I will send you a pm in a couple days with detaled directions on where to meet me..But you will be taking rt 23 south out of Columbus, down to chillicothe...appx 45 minute drive.

7. crappielooker

cool maan.. just wondering because i might come down before this weekend.. lol.

8. flathunter

Dang it, just found out I might have to work saturday...Dont know what shift yet...I will let you know by wednesday night.

9. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Working all weekend here......sucks......but need the $$ right now. Maybe next time around.

10. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

If it's Saturday, I might come... depends on how bacd Ak harasses me!

11. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Im in the same boat as Shawn, working the weekend..well im working 2 extra days plus the weekend.
    Im back on nights now(my prefered shift) and work weds-monday night this week...but i will have weekends off in 2 more weeks.

I went out monday, but the river needs to come down another 1-2ft before i can get into my prime spot..i settled for another spot and set for 4 hrs with only a few line bites. It was sure nice to get back out after a LONG month of not fishing at all.

Scott

12. flathunter

Can cant guys, I am sorry I jumped the boat..I have to work day trick saturday..Is this time of year strictly a day bite for carp?

13. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

No Jack, but most of us, even the hardcore, dont venture out in the very cold nights...lol.

First 2 hrs after sunset is good , specially if its a warm sunny day, because the water warms up a bit...until the nighfall cold sets back in.
    Man im getting out next week no matter what, ive got new gear i have to use...its killing me..lol.

Scott