Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Who?
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had the perfect weekend for camping on the river. Saturday and Sunday on a local flow, camping on a gravel bar Saturday night.
Temps were PER-FECT for what we weer doing. Fishing was slowish, but there are still fish to be caught out there for sure.
Couple pics:
My son caught a handful of crawdads, put them in a metal can, and stuck a hot coal from the fire under the can. Couple minutes later, fresh crawdad dinner.:D
Couple shots of camp.

And oh yeah, Pasta's son caught a PIG!! :D:B

Attachments

·
Baller Member
923 Posts
looks awesome bubba...i just recently got a hammock that would be PERFECT for river camping

·
Who?
3,415 Posts
Yeah, we had 3 "hangers" and 4 tenters. My son and I both do the hammock thing. Awesome way to camp as long as you have the trees.

Check out this link, well everything, from this guy, Shugg. He's super silly, but knows his poop when it comes to hammock camping:

Attachments

·
Mad SOT YAKER!
1,999 Posts
It was a ball, listened to the game Saturday night by the fire, good food, would have been better breakfast if someone didn't forget the eggs, lol. My son and buuba's son even went swimming

·
Baller Member
923 Posts
shugg is out there haha...but good information in that vid!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Was you guys on the Tusc. south of Orange ? Just wondering, seen a big campout on the gravel bar there.

·
Mad SOT YAKER!
1,999 Posts
Have a couple video's of the boy's being boy's, I'll post later. Just finished unloading the truck lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
looks awesome!!! would love to do some fishing like this but never taken the time to set up a trip! where do you launch?

·
Who?
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
About 10-12 miles from our take out. We like to fish about 6 miles each day, camp at night in between.

·
Who?
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now you just have to sneak a lax stick into the canoe haha.
That's about the only place it doesn't go. And probably just because there would have been no one to toss with.
He did bring his bow fishing rig though, in hopes of carp or gar.

·
Registered
537 Posts
That's about the only place it doesn't go. And probably just because there would have been no one to toss with.
He did bring his bow fishing rig though, in hopes of carp or gar.
Hahaha good. Im glad he is still playing. But I dont blame him at all choosing the bow over the stick.

·
Who?
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Knuckling around on the Coosa:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eKv7LKl5Uw&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

·
Mad SOT YAKER!
1,999 Posts
We've done that several times this year, it's fun plus you learn how to get back into the boat, which helped earlier this year for me when I went swimming after an expensive rod in cold water. All three boys took turns with my coosa, us older guys just relaxed in lawn chair, screw that cold water! :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
fishing from a kayak
882 Posts
Patrick looks like a manchild! You better be nice to his mom or he will thump you lol.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts