close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ripped Off at Portage Lakes

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by All Eyes, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Some low-life broke into my truck at Turkeyfoot while I was out fishing and stole one of my tackle boxes. They got 30 some Vibees and probably 50 or so casting spoons. Needless to say, I'm a bit pissed off. I would have LOVED to have caught them in the act. Keep your eyes open out there guys. These parasites need their clocks cleaned.

2. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I know JUST how you are feeling right now!

One of the worst feelings there is, being stolen from. Definitely falls into the group of feelings of abuse. In one form you were victimized.

I HATE it! Its been a lot of years ago that our house and garage were ransacked, but the memory is still clear enough. :mad:

I sure wish whoever stole your stuff would get caught. !%

3. That really sucks All Eyes. I really hate reading posts like this. Hopefully these jerk offs will get caught in the act one of these days by the owner and get taught a good ol' fashion lesson...I don't suppose that's the right thing to do, but I'd bet it is more effective than the "proper" route!!!

4. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

Which ramps? I was there last night at the new park ramps.

Buick

5. mirrocraft mike

mirrocraft mike Now in a Alumacraft

Alleyes
    i know your pain .I have had my trailer tires stolen while fishing a all nighter in Ga. Talk about a bummer walking up that ramp and seeing my trailer on the ground .What low lifes . Glad i locked my trailer to the ball could have been worse.

6. Well these guys might be looking to sell your tackle box so if everyone keeps their eyes open and someone tries to sell a bunch of lures they might be the ones.Sorry for your loss..I had my truck broken into years ago..Its a sick feeling..

7. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

this is beginning to be more common. Mogodore reports of stolen stuff, and now Portage Lakes. I think that law enforcement needs to setup a sting operation.

flash-----------------------------------------------out

8. Agent47

Agent47 Trying to pull it in!!!!

I woke up some years ago at around 3 am for some reason and looked out my back window {always do, the deer come out and eat and I love to watch} and I see 1 kid standing in front of my truck and the other in my side door leaning over in my truck. I pulled my 30.06 and beaded the kid standing, got within 5 seconds of blowing his head off when something told me I !! would go to prison and for what.... a few cd's, some fishing gear and maybe a pocket knife. So I snuck out but they heard my door close and took off.
    Turns out they where going up the street and trying doors, mine was unlocked so I was hit.
    This is getting to be more common place. Happened this week in my area, heres the article, not sure the drive for fishing gear ?
    http://www.wtov9.com/news/13775358/detail.html

All , I know how you feel and Im sorry to hear, PM me, I have some extra spoons and Ill ship ya some stuff if you want.

9. worminator

worminator I'll be bach

I was at the old (new) ramp earlier this year only to find ranger roy sitting in the parking lot waiting for boaters to pull out and shake them down in the parking lot. The poor guy just in front of me got the royal shaft. We were chatting with his wife while waiting to pull out and they had just bought the boat so all of this was new to them.(first day on the boat) They ended up with about three violations and a rather large fine. I got the heck outta there cause I know that even if I have everything that is required they can still find something to nail me with if they want to. Now we have to worry about getting your truck ran sacked while you're on the lake. I know he was just doing his job, but dang how about watching for the darn criminals on land also. I feel better now. Can you tell Portage Lakes is not on my favorites list???

10. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I had a tackle box stolen out of my boat a few years ago at Portage while I was in the out house. Not enough patrol. Funny thing is I cant go to Portage without seeing at least two officers on the water and one at each ramp.

11. Call the Portage Lakes State Park office and let them know what it going on! Squeaky wheel gets the grease, man. Also, when you call, get NAMES of who you talked to. If they blow you off, post it here, with the name and phone number, and we'll all make complaints. Then, send an email to the State Parks Director in Columbus. If you want more on-shore patrolling, ask and then demand it.

REPORT REPORT REPORT

12. Edgewater this year I had an adapter for the trailer lights stolen. Thankfully I never got stopped on the way home. Mosq. Lake had motor toter(sp) and tool box lifted from the back of the truck. And lastly got harassed by 3 punks in the parking lot of Black River Ramp, the one telling me he was going to jack me when I got out of my truck. Funny, he wasn't jacking anyone when I flew out with a hammer in my hand. I live in Tn. now, and come home often to fish with my father. Even in Tn. there are these gangs/rats that bother the public and fisherman all around the ramps on these lakes. One officer warned me to be very careful when night fishing, retrieving your trailer can turn out to be a nightmare. The area around the lake is clean, low violence, good community, and still you have to have eyes in the back of your head. I'm fed up with all this crap!! Thank the states that allow me to carry a gun.

13. PAYARA

PAYARA THE ONE YOU LOVE TO HATE

That sucks man.Dosen't suprise me though.

Don't look for the 'rangers' to do anything though.
    The're too busy trying to nail people speeding on
    the main roads OUTSIDE of the parks to be very
    concerned with whats going on INSIDE the park.
    You should see these guys,they think the're the
    Highway Patrol.No BS!

They are aloud a 1 mile radius from any State Park
    entrance which mean they have full run of just about
    all the surrounding roads in the Portage Lake system
    from North Res. to Nimisila.They abuse it too!

If you want something to be done about any
    issues you have in the New or Old State Park
    call the Franklin cops.Just like last fall when
    I was walking through the New SP with all
    my gear and a rod sling with two 13' rods
    broken down and some one thought I was
    a terrorist armed with high powered rifles.
    It was the Franklin cops who came back
    into the woods (ready to draw their guns)
    The 'rangers' were nowhere to be found!
    Isn't the SP the 'rangers' department???