close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ripit, Ripit

Discussion in 'Bass Discussions' started by Buckeye Mike, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Grandson and i hit a pond lastnight, that he has been fishing off and on, but he said it had to much floating moss around the bank that it was hard to fish, but i said lets go try it, i got an idea. Well got to the pond and yea it had some moss around the bank, and 1 corner had a pretty good mat of moss, and when i saw that my eyes lit up because i had just the bait, i hoped for the bass.
    Well i tyed on a spro frog, in the all black color, and it didn't take long to get a blow-up, and of course i missed the first 1, second fish hit the frog about 5 casts later and i put him on the bank, small fish about a 1 1/4 lb.
    Well it didn't take the grandson long to dig out a snag proff fog that i had given him sometime, and it took him about 4 casts to get a blowup.
    All in all, we probably had 30 blowups between the 2 of use and caught about 15 bass, nothing big, biggest was about 1 1/2 lbs. Grandson did loose 1 about 2lb. that he lost in the moss because of the spinning rod and 8 lb. test that he was using, not enough backbone in the rod and too light of line. Will have to show him how to use a bait caster.
    So to make a long story short, if you got a pond that has a lot of moss, don't be afraid to fish it, try a frog. Just make sure you have a stiff enough rod and some heavy line, so you can horse them bass out of the moss.
    P.S. Grandson said he had a ball fishing that way!!