Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WALLEYE,,,,,RIPPIN' ROCKIN' ROARIN'!!!!!!

Fishing in the area has been superb in the Walleye department.
Trollers whom know what they are doing are drilling them,,from 14'to 40'f.o.w. Meal ticket is jets/dipsys and copper backed spoons,colors,change every day!!! Monkey puke,Confusion,Raspberry dolphin,Kevorkian,Oil slick,Chicken wing,Blue dolphin, and Watermelon. These spoons are getting hard to get from distributors(manufacture can't keep up!). If you are in your favorite shop-store and come across them,snatch them up!JR STREAK's which is a spin off of the Scorpions(they mirror them) work just as well and the paint does NOT come off like the Scorpion.Bottom line is the work just as well,cheaper,and will last longer!
Flat lining "deep" Reef runners are killing them,Blue Hawain,Rainbow trout,Confusion,Copper head. Once gain getting hard to get.If you have to settle for the LIL' Rippers you can always run them of a jet or a dipsey. Once again Reef Runner is behind.

Drifters' use wally pops,earie weapons,mayfly rigs,Gold and Silver Earie dearies. Start in 14' fow and work your way out!

Perch ,,,limits,fish range from 7-13" more in the smaller category.

HUGE CRAPPIE still in the river,as well as the,Channel cats.

Hope this helps you get in the fish!
THE LAKE IS A PANCAKE, AS I WRITE THURS. A.M.
PLEASE CHECK LAKE VISION.COM ON THIS SITE THEM WEATHER MEN ARE WRONG 60% OF THE TIME, IN THE LAKE FORECAST AND WEATHER,IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE 2-4FTRS RITE NOW-----YA RITE!

MAY THE FISH BE WITH YOU,
Bait Dave
Dave's Bait And Tackle
1612 State Rte 60
Vermilion,Ohio 44089
OVER 3 MILLION WORMS SERVED!

IF YOU NEED HELP NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE FISHING IN ERIE,CALL,WRITE ,EMAIL. WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO GET YOU IN THE FISH!!!
THE G.P.S MAP IS STILL HERE AND FREE,SEND A S.A.S.E OR STOP IN THE SHOP.

THANK YOU STAFF OF THIS SITE,FOR THE BANNER AD!!! LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF EFFORT WENT IN TO IT,I AND WE APPRECIATE IT.

·
Premium Member
10,799 Posts
Thanks for the report.

We really appreciate you keeping us up to date and your donations to our June 19th Outing.

OGF members, If you are fishing the Vermilion area please stop by Dave's for your fishing bait and tackle needs and support the people that help support OGF.

thanks again,
Kim

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Great report, sounds like they are doing great up there. Just one question though, who the heck comes up with the names for those spoons? Monkey puke,Confusion,Raspberry dolphin,Kevorkian,Oil slick,Chicken wing,Blue dolphin, and Watermelon Monkey puke has got to be my favorite name for a bait!:D

·
Premium Member
10,799 Posts
My son and I named a spoon we modified "Jeffery Dahmer" It really eats em up.

A few of my friends were also running these modified spoons in Lake Ontario for salmon. We would talk on the radio about how many we were taking on that spoon, that created a little radio chatter.

Kim

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I see 3 sizes of michigan spoons....all the packages say michigan stinger, the smallest ones are also labeled scorpions.

The rookie dumb question of the day:

Which size(s) do most use for Erie walleye? I'm currently using small Scorpions and medium (about 3" spoon).

May the lake settle for your weekend fishing plans.

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Most trollers are referring to the smaller spoons. I believe they are considered "Scorpion Stingers", unless they say "medium Stingers", which is the next larger size.

Sometimes, if you are catching a lot of trash fish trolling, switching up to the larger spoons will eliminate the trash fish hitting the spoon.

Last year, I had better luck with the walleyes using the larger spoons after the second week of July.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts