close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ride MY seesaw

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Froggy, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Early last month my son and I hit the Niagara Gorge. We always have a friendly competition for the 1st fish, the biggest fish and the most fish. He started the day with a 27" Lake Trout, then I hooked up with a 28" Steelhead Trout. The lead went back and forth all day with me playing catch-up most of the time. Finally I boated the biggest Laker I've ever caught a "take the lead" Laker measuring 29". Things were lookin' good for the old man for a good hour, but with about a half an hour left to fish, you guessed it, that little turd hooked up with a 32" Laker. He finished the day with …the First, the Most AND the Biggest fish.

SOOOOOO, Today we went again. As usual, he boats the 1st, a nice little steelie. Fishing was pretty slow with a stiff East wind, but around noon I hooked up and hooked up GOOD. After about 10 minutes of fighting I boated a beautiful 15 pound 33" Lake Trout….the biggest freshwater fish EITHER of us has ever caught. I would have been happy to give up 1st fish prize and even Most fish because it was such a good fight and a real accomplishment (for me), but fate was not on my side AGAIN. Not having even 10 minutes to relish the moment, that little snot hooks up with something like I've never seen before. This fish is peeling line like no tomorrow, he gains on it and it rips the line right back off….on and on this went for at least 10 minutes and finally we see it…another huge Lake. The captain almost goes overboard reaching with the net and as he's scooping it up yell's "Beautiful Laker", not a second later he says "No….A MUSKIE". Jeeze O Pete….not only have I never caught a Muskie in my LIFE, but my 14 year old son catch's one and it's 36" inches long. So once again…He win's 1st, most and biggest.

Someone remind me to BEAT that kid someday…..No respect

2. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

lol great story. I love competing with my Dad, too. We both have our "days".

Once while ice fishing a nice crappie slammed my minnow, then ran over and took his jig! Now thats a TEAM catch!

3. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Man Frogg....you taught him too well. :D :D
    Some fishermen just have the touch :D :D :D
    Sounds like a fantastic day on the water though.
    Thanks for the story.

4. Great job on the fish Frogg. Sounds like you guys had ANOTHER great time. I hope you didn't catch them all. I'm in the LOC up there in the Spring. My bro in law won 20 grand there in the Fall, and I'm going for my share here in a couple weeks. LOL

Nice job guys.

Carl

5. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Froggy,

My youngest son, now 24, has been by my side fishing and hunting since he was 5-6 years old.

The friendly compitition and your son kicking your butt is what it's all about, but I think you already know that.

Congrats to you and your son,

Kim

6. catking

catking Banned

Great story Froggy !! I'm still kicking cwcarpers behind when it comes to fishin ;) Well, some of the time........... :eek: THE CATKING !!

7. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

Great Story....i wanna go there! lol

Mitch