close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rick James Dead

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PAYARA, Aug 6, 2004.

1. PAYARA

PAYARA THE ONE YOU LOVE TO HATE

Rick dead at 56.what a shame :( i love that
    guy.he made some good stuff.

2. He was great on Chapelle's show. :(
    LaDo

3. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

it's definately a sad day. the super freak has left the building. didn't he shoot a family member, but missed and hit him in the leg?

4. //////////////his Super Freak Song Was 1 Of The Greatest Songs I Ever Danced To.........

5. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Speaking of Chapelle, he's supposed to be playing Rick James in a movie about his life...should be hilarious!

They are saying RJ died of natural causes...I don't think there's anything natural about Rick James, or the coke binges and assaults (the dude did 2 years at Folsom I believe). Bet his heart looks like swiss cheese from partying as hard as he did.

He was pretty sweet though ;)

6. I did not know till I got home from camping... Sure did score with the women while dancing to super freak... GAWD I can't belive I danced like that LMAO

7. ShakeDown

Wow...I can't believe you danced like that either :D

8. hahahaa
    With the name "ShakeDown"?

9. I can't believe your telling US that you danced to it..........LOL...........Rich

10. Had A Couple Drinks Back Then,than Bogeyed All Night Long

11. I "ARGEE"... ahhh what he said :p

12. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Whaaaaaaaaat?????!!!?? :(

13. ShakeDown

If I danced to RJ back in the day, I'd prolly go by "SmackDown" or "CrackDown" :D

14. This is true :D
    I stand corrected ;)

15. ShakeDown

Update...autopsy showed that RJ had 9 different drugs in his system.

Looks like he was a super freak up until his last breath.

16. THANKS for the info...
    some never learn...

17. BIGG MAN

BIGG MAN JOE

Rick James had nine different drugs in his system when he died in August, including cocaine and methamphetamine, according to a toxicology report.

The coroner's findings, released Thursday, noted that prescription medications for anxiety, pain relief and heart failure, including Valium and Vicodin, were found in his body as well, according to Reuters.

None of the drugs or drug combinations, however "were found to be at levels that were life-threatening in and of themselves," the report said. Though the cause of death was determined by the report to be a heart attack and ruled accidental, it added that the drugs in James' system may have led to the heart failure.

"He didn't die of a drug overdose," coroner's spokesman David Campbell told The New York Times.

When an autopsy performed on James in early August failed to determine the cause of death, toxicology tests were ordered. A spokesperson at the coroner's office said they sought a further investigation, since James had not seen his physician in more than six weeks and there was "concern about the past history of substance abuse" (see "Cause Of Rick James' Death Still Uncertain After Autopsy").