close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rich's Day

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by Richs63Corvair, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Well I hit the woods at 6am this morning even though the wind was howling pretty good. At 7:30 I had 3 does come out of the orchard and did some munchung on grass 50 yards from me. 10 minutes later they went back in the orchard and eventually ended right behind me. I took a shot at the second one which was 18 yards away , but I missed her due to my arrow ricochet off a sapling. They snorted and were off to the races. I waited for awhile and did some scouting by the standing corn and found 4 trees that hook together all of around 5 inches wide that were shredded and also right there was 3 FRESH scrapes. These scrapes had to be done last night due to the diirt was freshly tore up and no leaves in the scrapes. Well to make a long story short I sprayed the scrapes with some doe pee and moved my ground blind about 40 yards downwind of the scrapes.Heading back out tomorrow morning and evening...............Take care....................Rich

2. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

good luck Rich, keep us posted

3. worminator

worminator I'll be bach

I knew you would start to see deer. Let the does bring the buck to ya. I can't believe you got scrapes already. Have you seen any bucks yet? Are you shooting the recurve or did you trade for a X-Bow? I'm gettin pumped for you Rich. Me and Jed are going to the plumbrook hunt this Saturday. We can take one buck and three does between us. I may need freezer space real soon. I'd love to bring a truck load of deer back home. We're gonna eat good at camp this year. GET R DONE Rich..........................

Al

4. AEFISHING

AEFISHING Crappie Freak

I hunted eastern Kentucky this weekend and their were scrapes all over. I counted at least 4 and so many rubs I lost count.

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Cool, 'cuz I just created a mock scrape yesterday, I was affraid it was too early.

6. I went to my new area to hunt this morning and didn't see nothing. I could here kids yelling and carrying on waiting for the school bus. I think it was my daughter and son catching the bus at their grandmas.........LOL............Have to call her tonight and tell her to keep it down when DAD is trying to hunt....................Rich

7. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

They were probably hollaring about a big buck walking by !!

8. Rich,
    I seriously doubt that the kids' noise had any impact on the deer. I have been hunting before and listened to my kids playing in the yard and the deer that passed through paid no attention to it. They are used to it in those areas. If they were in or near sight of your stand it could impact it.

9. I know Brian just gives me a reason to call my kids and harass them any way. These woods are also right behind a high school so between football games and soccer games I've heard all the Saturday J.V. games so far...........LOL............Rich