Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
sparkman
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned from a short trip to Elberton GA to check out Richard Russell Lake. I spent the better part of two days driving around this lake and saw three boats. I talked to some locals in restaurants and at camp grounds and was told this is OFF SEASON there. Anyone been there? Thinking of buying retirement property in the area.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Been over the mountains on the Richard Russell highway out of Blairsville GA. Never heard of RR lake. Do you know what county it is in? I have a time share in north Ga.

·
sparkman
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is in Elberton County GA. It is between Hartwell and Clarks Hill Part of the east side of the lake is in SC. It really looks good and the locals that I talked to make it sound good. The one fellow owns a camp, fishes, guides and formerly fished the big circuits. He said he fishes all year. The largest recorded is over 13# but he said he knows of two that were bigger but not registered. A lot of spots up to 6# and also 3# crappies are not uncommon.

·
sr
122 Posts
Hey Sparkman your never going to retired. Its like catching that big saugeye, we just dream about it. keep fishing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts