close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rice Lake,Canada

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by jigger69, Mar 2, 2008.

1. jigger69

jigger69 Bambi slayer

has anyone been up to Rice Lake in June??I was wondering if thats a good time to go up and catch bass and walleyes?and what are people using that time of the year to catch them? -THANKS-

2. Bass season does not open until the last Saturday in June. Keep that in mind when planning your trip.

3. jigger69

jigger69 Bambi slayer

I don't plan on keeping the bass,just the walleyes and pan fish

4. Caught alot of walleye in the weeds the 3rd week of July last year, but that's a month later than you're going.

5. Sorry, I would have never guessed that by your signature...

6. mirrocraft mike

mirrocraft mike Now in a Alumacraft

I'm there every year the first or second Sat. after bass comes in .This year we will be there June 28th until July 6th. We stay on the Trent river and split the time on Rice lake. The Trent is very hard to beat for Smallies. Top water is the way to go . poppers , buzz baits ,frogs ,you name it. Your going to have a blast throwing them . OH Yeah watch out for that Muskie:) Rice has a better lg. mouth population we use mostly spiners, The Walleyes are the reason we hit Rice Lake. The eyes are in the weeds also in June/July. We break out the meat for these bad boys . We use a scaled down home made lure similar to a Erie Derrie (sp) Hit the weed pockets . Gold blades seem to out do the others. You just got to find the color of the week. No joke this changes every year for us . Once you find it . IT'S ON When you going ??

7. jigger69

jigger69 Bambi slayer

I just payed for my week stay at Rice Lake,the 2nd week in June,I hope its not to early and the bass are postspawn non-active,only week I could get off work,and I wanted to get get up there before bass season comes in,before people are allowed to keep them

8. jigger69

jigger69 Bambi slayer

does any body know for sure if I need to buy a passport before I go up to canada

9. iwdavefish

iwdavefish Fishin' Fanatic

A passport isn't needed this year but make sure everyone has driver's license AND birth certificate. We were asked for ours coming home in February.

10. You don’t need a passport to enter Canada via ground. But you do need one if traveling by air. As of right now, you won’t need a passport for ground until summer 2009.

I can tell you that having a passport makes the crossing a lot smoother. A driver’s license is not an official crossing document on its own. You must also have a birth certificate too. Make sure you have the original or official copy of your birth certificate with seal and readable.

Then again – they may just wave you thru without even checking anything. But I’d rather be safe then sorry.

Have fun on your trip!!