close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

REWARD, I Pay $$$ for OLD fishing items...

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by luredaddy, Aug 5, 2004.

1. luredaddy

luredaddy

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

I collect EARLY Pflueger, wood lures and metal spinners, I also collect REDIFOR Rod and Reel Co. items from Warren, Ohio. I am interested in any old lures, reels, etc... from any manufacturer. Catalogs, empty boxes, lures, reels, etc... the earlier the better. Email me directly at luredaddy@aol.com

THANKS!
    JOHN

2. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

0   0   0

How much $$$ will you give us for Misfit?

3. I think we would have to pay him to take Misfit. :eek: :D

4. I got a lure for you luredaddy. It was made by Smiths Dairy. Its a rattle trap painted black and white. Yes like a cow. LOL. Just wondering if you ever seen one before. Still in package. It say's get kids hooked on fishing not drugs on it.............. Rich

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

0   0   0

Since Catking just had a birthday, and is now an old fishing item, he must be worth something for a collector!

6. catking

catking Banned

0   0   0

I've got watch dogs out Jackson :cool: I see all :D .........DA KING !!!

7. luredaddy

luredaddy

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

Yes, I had the Smith Dairy Rattle Trap before. Arbogast, of Akron, and most companies were producers of advertising lures.

8. Fish-N-Fool

Fish-N-Fool

0   0   0

I bought an Abu Garcia rod/reel combo that appeared to be all original at an auction a few years back. I bought it to use and did so until an older gentleman @ Kiser Lake saw me with it. He told me the reel on the pole was valued by collectors, and that mine was in excellent condition and should not be used. :confused: I'm in the dark on such matters, but I replaced the reel with a modern Zebco 33 just in case.

The reel is an Abu - Matic 760, I think :confused: It's a closed face spinning reel with all metal construction. I'll check it out over the weekend and make another post with the details. If it is not collectable I'd like to put it back on the rod and use it!

9. luredaddy

luredaddy

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

The Abu- Matic Series of reels are QUALITY reels, fish the reel. It should give you many years of good service. Thanks for replying, I appreciate it!!
    John

10. So is that rattle trap worth anything luredaddy ? Thanks......... Rich

11. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

0   0   0

Luredaddy:
    Ever hear of a Langley "Lurecast" level winding casting reel. Model 330? This is still in the original box with the original papers.I'll tell you how old this is, the mailing address is: Langley Corp. 660 Second Ave. San Diedo 1, California. no zip code nothing. This model was the top of the line baitcaster at it's time and sold for $15.00.Three model were made by Langeley model streamline 310KB, target model 340, and their top model the Lurecast model 330. Also have a 1964 model GE shakespeare Marhoff casting reel. Any idea what they are worth.

12. luredaddy

luredaddy

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

Rich,
    The Rattle Trap, may be worth $10 or so, to someone looking for an advertising lure.
    John