Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
WALLEYE, SMALLMOUTH, LARGEMOUTH, PERCH, BLUEGILL
284 Posts
The biggest issues retirement has psented to me are the following:
What day is it?
What color lure should I use?
Should I hunt from a tree stand or a ground blind?
Hope you continue to enjoy it.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Well, Congrats! Good Luck, Dovans!(I hope it‘s great for you!)

Devil’s Advocate reply!
Retirement has been a major bummer, at least for me! Not at all what I expected. Fixed greatly-reduced income(“non fixed” inflation!), weeks flying by like days(when working), just growing older-and Fast!, seeming can’t get anything done-“less time”-OR less Energy?, aches-pains-serious illnesses, gain weight/lose muscle&bone mass, house/yard/vehicles falling apart!, et. al.! I tell anybody who asks, DON’T EVER RETIRE! If you can, work your job til they carry you out!-even if you don’t like it!

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
Well, Congrats! Good Luck, Dovans!(I hope it‘s great for you!)

Devil’s Advocate reply!
Retirement has been a major bummer, at least for me! Not at all what I expected. Fixed greatly-reduced income(“non fixed” inflation!), weeks flying by like days(when working), just growing older-and Fast!, seeming can’t get anything done-“less time”-OR less Energy?, aches-pains-serious illnesses, gain weight/lose muscle&bone mass, house/yard/vehicles falling apart!, et. al.! I tell anybody who asks, DON’T EVER RETIRE! If you can, work your job til they carry you out!-even if you don’t like it!
Footwear Leg Gesture Plant Leisure

·
Registered
662 Posts
Im jealous Dovans.

11 more months and I'll be officially retired, I've had a physical outdoor job since I was out of high school. I'm certain it's going to take me about 2 hours to get used to it. I got a bunch of good fishing tackle that I'm going to attempt to wear out in Florida. Don't ever want to see snow again if I can help it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts