close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Restrooms at AEP campsites

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gyger222, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Can someone give me some info on how clean the restrooms are at the AEP campsites? Im heading down next weekend with my wife so I may stay at a campground in McConnlesville if their nasty. Just wondering how they were. Would you guys wives/girlfriends hold their pee all weekend instead of using them? I don't want her bladder to burst. :)

thanks,
    Greg

2. gyger, they are wooden outhouses. They do get to smelling pretty ripe. Also they have pumps at some of the areas but not all.

3. thanks guys. I may stay at a campground instead. It doesn't bother me to use the woods but its a little more difficult for a woman. I'll have to see if she thinks she can take it. She may not care as long as there's something there. She could always clean it I guess. :D

4. Good one.:D

I can just imagine if I suggested that one to my wife.:eek:

It sounds like you may keep better peace at the homestead by going with the campgrounds.;)

5. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

My Wife says if you stop eating 2 days prior to going there and just stay on a liquid diet you really don't need to get into the brown house. By this time you need to watch where you're stepping in the woods.

Buy one of them little portable potties at Gander Mountain and a small tent to put it in, that way you only need to make one trip to the brown house.
    Light a cigar stoke it up real good run in git-r-done and git out.

6. I know someone sells a toilet seat lit that fits a 5 gallon bucket. Ive seen them somewhere. Great for using in a tent. Dont store them in there though!! Just a thought. Glenn

7. I know Cabelas carries all of the items mentioned and one other suggestion. You can buy bilge cleaner and use it in the porta-potty so it does smell so bad. Available at any marine store like West Marine.

Eric

8. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

i dont think they are that bad...yea they stink and yes there are flys a sketers in them ...but for hwat they are they are not that bad...i recommend takeing your own TP unless you like wiping with 80 grit....and i always take a tube of clorox wipes camping just tear one off before i hit the head to wipe the seat...i'm headed down this weeked too maybe ill see ya there

9. We stayed at the Burr Oak State campgrounds in August in one of those rental rvs. It was nice and clean. The rv was fully hooked up, so we had hot water showers and toilets that flushed. Was worth the 45 bucks a night.