Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Fish now, sleep later
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has anyone been there lately? Just wondering if it would be worth the drive up there

·
Registered
170 Posts
Went there last night (8/22) and caught a few in an hour. Did see one dead floater. Did anyone ever get more info as to what caused all the dead fish recently?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I fished pond 8 a couple of weeks back and was skunked: It was solid earlier this year but the cold spell had shut it off. Now that I am back to teaching and its warm again its hard to tell if it has come back on or not

·
Fish now, sleep later
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anything going on there now?looking for one last trip this year before the weather gets nasty.

Sent from my Event using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was there two weekends ago: lost the only one I had on in the timber, another boat said they got two small bass, the other boats were blanked too

I would guess the bass are on the move and feeding

·
Fish now, sleep later
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I guess I will be heading south then. I hope that place comes back quickly. Hate to lose such a great fishery.

Sent from my Event using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
250 Posts
I fished same pond about 2 weeks ago with similar results. I think I fished 4 hours 4-8 pm on a beautiful evening and landed 2 and missed 1 other.
I usually do pretty well around that time of year at that pond. I would hit one of the other ponds if you go to resthaven imho

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was thinking of hitting pond ten but worry about not being able to get my boat in and out since they don't have a ramp there. Its too heavy for me alone to get it out and stay mostly dry LOL

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Try pond #7

1 - 14 of 14 Posts