close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Resthaven

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mikie_fin, Jun 30, 2004.

1. mikie_fin

mikie_fin Ohio & California

Here is a former Ohioan that used to fish Resthaven in Castalia quite often. I sure do miss that place!! Has anyone been there recently?? Would like to at least read about the place, since I cannot fish it. Thanks for all your help.

2. WLB

WLB Northern Ohio Fisherman

mikie_fin
    We caught our bluegills in pond 10 last month ;)
    We were driving through there the other evening and I just happened to have a rod with a buzz bait tied on it in the car :D so I threw it in pond 8 for a while, only got a couple dinks but I like fishing that bait anyway :)
    My son and I both ended up with a tick on us, we forgot to spray down before we fished. It's still the same old place, other than they paved the road to the dock in pond 8 :)
    Tight Lines

3. mikie_fin

Is #8 ready to fish. As I recall, it was drained a few years back. If you take that same buzz bait and get into #10 by all the logs, look out!! The part of #10 by route 269. I have had the best of luck in #10, but have caught in many other ponds. Also, if you can get back in the channels, there are a lot fish to be caught there. Thanks again.

Mikie_fin

4. WLB

Pond 8 has some decent fish in it now, the state must have put some larger fish back in it? I've only had my boat in there once since they refilled it, caught alot of dinks but did have one go 18" and a couple 16's. Since we got all this rain, the woods in the center is deep enough to fish again :)
    There was a couple boats fishing the end of 10 your talking about last nite, so I drove down near the other end and fished the ditch along the road with all the logs.
    I got 1 that I'd say went 3lbs and 2 more small ones and lost 2 buzz baits to the logs. 10 is full of weeds now, and I'm to lazy to fight them, so I spend most of my time up at the lake, when I'm not kitty kat fishing in the bay :D which I'm getting ready to go do now.

5. just got back from fishing #8 from shore(the one with the ramp?), there some decent sized bass in there now.I got 2 smallish bass around 12-14", but saw some sizeable bass with some approaching 16-18" range, the water is clear right now.

Flyfished the portage river around elmore last night and got 5 smallmouth on olive buggers. Water was low, clear, with hardly any flow.

6. mikie_fin

How far can one go into the center of the pond since the rain filled it up?

7. WLB

mikie_fin
    I ramped my 17 fter in there and just fished the outside and that was before it was as full as it is now, but from the bank it looks like the old days in there, I'm sure my jon boat will go anywhere in there and it probaly will before the season is over :D
    I know whats in them there bushes ;)