Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going out to Resthaven Sunday. This is my first time going there. Any advice on which ponds to fish? What types of lures and live bait to use? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Has anyone been out there recently? Any luck?

Thanks

Rich :F

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
spinnerbaits, worms, topwaters, jigs, crankbaits, tubes, jerkbaits, it doesnt really matter what you throw you will catch fish if your in the donut pond ( pond 8) don't forget about rattle traps ;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Rico, I have caught alot of bass on rage tail craws,summer craw color. I don't rip them across the top, I drop them to the bottom and "slow roll" them in. I have also been throwing the new yum "Money hound" it has been a killer out there in pond 8. here is a link to what it is, if you have not seen it. It is like a weedless zara spook that you rig with a 5/0 wide gap hook. It is great in the weeds.
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_10203466____SearchResults

·
I fish therefore I am!!
759 Posts
i havent been to resthaven since early this summer when i saw the family of wh(*e tr#$h keeping every little thing they caught even bass way under the length limit. makes me upset so i try to call someone and report it but ofcourse i get the automated answering service. so why is it the gamies are always there when the wh(*e tr**h isnt. i mean c'mon ppl use some sense i know u like to eat fish but do it legally..... sorry for the rant thats been brwin in me for months and by no means does this pertain to anyone posting in this thread....unless ur the wh(*e tr(*h family....sorry

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I was there Friday and only picked up 3 and only one of those was of any size. Slow time of year for the haven in my opinion.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We got 10 or so large mouths on #8. A 2 pounder was the biggest. Slowed down a lot after 1030 AM. We came back to Toledo and fished the maumee at River and Jerome. My nephew caught a couple real big small mouths and we caught some nice size cats as well. Good day, Rest Haven was decent. Many of the ponds were garbage though....unfishable. We checked them all out. Fishing for me has been the best out on the river lately....

Thanks to everyone who responded to this thread.

Rich:F

1 - 11 of 11 Posts