close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Resthaven Friday.

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fishpro, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

Hey guys, I`ll be out at resthaven friday morning for crappies and gills, anybody been out there lately? Coolwater, if you see this, let me know if you can go. See ya`. :D

2. mikie_fin

mikie_fin Ohio & California

Hey Fishpro,

Please post how you did. I used to live in Ohio, but where I live now, there is no ice. Except for in my freezer. I used to fish Resthaven year round. I like reading about the place, being that is all I get of Resthaven. I sure do MISS that place. Great fun!!

Mikie

3. WLB

WLB Northern Ohio Fisherman

Hey mikie_fin how you doin
    Resthaven is froze like a brick. Talked to a couple of my buddies who fished big dike a few days ago for gills, said they only got a couple keepers and a bunch of dinks.
    I know a guy that got a decent little pike 27" thru the ice in pond 10 earlier this year. I got over there once but didn't have any luck.
    I'm ready to throw a buzz bait there now :D

4. mikie_fin

mikie_fin Ohio & California

Thanks WLB. I appreciate the update. I know what you mean about the buzz baits. Come this summer, those do work. How is pond 8 these days, being that is was drained a few years back? Did the pike get caught with a tip-up? I surely do miss Restahaven. In my opinion, it is a great place to dangle ones line. For some crazy reason, there is no ice covered bodies of water in Southern California. I gave all my ice fishing gear to my brother-in-law, and he only has used it twice in two years. Go figure. Please keep me informed about Resthaven. The nice thing about Restahaven is all different places to fish. As you probably know, there is quite a bit a water that you cannot see from the roads & paths around there. I have caught some monster bass in the very secluded & hidden areas.

5. hows the fishing at resthaven been? might head there this weekend.

6. A buddy and i were out there last thursday on pond 8. We got 7 large mouths a perch about 8" and about 20 large gills but no pike. I can not wait until spring to get out there.