close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rest In Peace My Friend...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chuck P., Nov 30, 2004.

1. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

An early-morning fire claimed the life of a Springfield man when it ripped through his mobile home in the 3600 block of East National Road around 7 a.m. Tuesday.

Firefighters said the fire started in the front part of the mobile home and caused the roof to start collapsing. When firefighters managed to get inside the structure, they found the body of 41-year-old Steven Young inside the charred structure.

Authorities said Young had a teenage son and fire crews became concerned that the boy was still inside, but they later learned he had already left for school.

Residents who live in the mobile home park said they are devastated. Some of them even told authorities they tried to get their neighbor out of the burning structure.

The state fire marshal was called in to investigate the fatal fire. Authorities believe Young died from smoke inhalation.

I grew up around these people and I still can't believe this happened. I BEG everyone to install or check home smoke detectors.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Trapped in New York!

So sorry to hear this Chuck... how awful.

3. Sorry to hear that Chuck. My condolences to his family and friends. We're praying for you all.

4. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Chuck, I know where you are coming from.

We took in a couple of street kids for the winter while they got their live's straightened around a few years back. One of them hadn't been out of our home 1 1/2 years and he too died in a trailer fire of smoke inhalation. Danny was 18 when he died. It was a very hard time for all of us, but especially his friend who still lived with us.

Our prayers are with everyone.
    - Jim

5. Chuck P.

Thanks everyone..

If it's alright with the People in Charge in here, when they finalize the memorial fund, could I post the info here in case anyone wishes to contribute?

I understand if it's not proper, Just trying to help. Thanks.

6. Two

Two

Chuck, Sorry to hear this news about your freind. Whats going to happen to his son? Hope he has someone to help him. Let us know how we can help.

7. catking

catking Banned

Very sad Chuck... Post the info when you get it. Not a problem.... CATKING

8. Chuck P.

Thanks Catking...I should know something in the next couple days I would imagine...

9. Chuck P.

Just in case anyone might be interested in giving.

Memorial contributions may be made to the Steven L. Young fund at any Key Bank or the D P and L Credit Union under the name of Robert Cleelan.

Thanks.