close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rest Haven...Wanna have a little tourney there tonight?

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bassmanmark, Jul 23, 2008.

1. bassmanmark

bassmanmark Workin' is for Suckers

I'll be there right around 6pm if you wanna have one...My cousin and I will fish from 6pm till 9:15pm if you wanna challenge...money or no money is fine and 15inch and over the deal. I have a 16ft black skeeter with electric only motors. Name is Mark and just come on over and talk or whatever.

2. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

If I could use my boat in there, I'd be all over it.:D

3. how did you do? which pond did you mean. I drove all over looking for a boat like that then.. ok just kidding, I had to work.
    I got an 18 incher last week in the heat in the evening out of a pond I didn't expect to get anything that size.
    jitterbug landed mine, but I can't take any credit. I was just letting the ripples go away after the cast when I heard a slurp.

4. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

I need to get over there sometime and try some topwater. That might be an idea tomorrow afternoon.:)

5. How about having a little tourny tonight from 6 to 9

6. I was fishing the "Haven" the other night, saw some guy pull out a green sheet of plastic, he folded it into a canoe and paddled out towards the stumps. He must of really wanted to fish that area, because it seemed pretty dangerous. Luckily I don't think he caught anything, as the strike may have capsized his boat.

7. i think i can top this. about a month ago i was there and these 2 fellas in a 12 fter with about 5 horse outbaord come up long side us towards the ramp. they were cussing about all the weeds or something when they went by. we waited for them to leave so we could pull out and go home. as we were waiting and fishing right there by the ramp i couldnt believe my eyes. they backed an old aerostar van down to the water. now when i say they backed it to the water , i mean they stopped with the back bumper under water. they drove the boat right up in the van and pulled out. they left with about 4 ft of boat and outboard hangin out of the back of this van. just when you thought you've seen it all. :p

8. ahhh , nice to see I brought you out of your lurking mode. nice 1st post even though I know you've never been to resthaven. Admit it, you have been in the folding vessel yourself and lets just say that you know my folding piece of plastic holds 2 people "comfortably".

I've had 30+ bass days (not in resthaven) in that thing as it gets me into the deepest sh*t you can imagine. Maybe if you were a tiny bit more "my size" you would think twice about the boat's strudiness, smack.
    170lb's and you are riding high and dry.

I've definetly figured out that pond, now I need to figure out how to hook em consistly to the pond south of that pond.

9. Just wondering if anyone in Northwestern oh is planning on putting there boat up for sale, or knows of any in the Lima area. If so pm me please.

10. where is this rest haven place you speak of?

11. 1 hour East of you.
    Castalia OH

12. The Rest Haven is a large wildlife area with at least 5 or 6 fishable pounds or small lakes go to wildohio.com and you can print out a map of this area.

13. resthaven is right dab smack in the middle of mosquito infested swamps. you don't want to waste your time there. ;) :p

14. bassmaniac

bassmaniac Fish now, sleep later

What is the bass fishing like in the area around where the ramp is? Is it deep enough for my 16' bass boat?

15. If you go along the outside of pond 8 it is deep enough for your bass boat. I have seen lots of bass boats there, not sure if the other ponds are deep enough. I'll be there this evening and ealy sunday morning.

16. bassmanmark

bassmanmark Workin' is for Suckers

That place is overfished as it is...it's a weedy mess....

17. its especially weedy this year too. but i dont think its overfished. my cousin and I have already had 3 nights this year where we landed 40+ bass... with about 10 or 12 that would go over 4 lbs. the weeds have made it harder to fish though. we had better luck last year when it wasnt as choked out. IMO pond 8 is one of the best bass ponds around... if you know how to fish it ;)

18. bassmaniac

bassmaniac Fish now, sleep later

What about that island? across from where the handicapped fishing dock is? any water around that? I want to get up there to fish that but I don't want to run out of water and be limited as to where I can fish.

19. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

yeah i did c a 4lber once there the fishing is "ok"

20. if he sees another boat besides his on a body of water its overfished... :p