close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rest Haven ....fishin'

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bassmanmark, Aug 23, 2007.

1. bassmanmark

bassmanmark Workin' is for Suckers

Started today at Pond 8 (donut pond) and fished top water and had a slow day.
    Had 2 big blowups but no fish. Was there by 7ish and was out by 10ish. Liked the fact that the weeds have basically gone or at the very least died back some. Wonder if DNR did that.

2. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

drove by 7,8, and 6 after feeding the trout and going to the pipe creek duck blind drawing. i think those ponds have alot of small bass then once they get big enough to keep they ALL get taken out an this makes a bad bass pop. but anyways no one was catchin anything... do ya do any dood back in the trees and stumps? wheres the best place to catch crappie if ya no? thanks nsof

3. bassmanmark

At least at Pond 8 they gotta be 15". But there are some truly big fish in those ponds. I have had some great days there. Generally my best times are right after spawn and in the fall. I think pond 7 is real good for crappie in the spring. I'm actually alright with people that take bass out. Sometimes that helps with a smaller amount of bass but much bigger bass. I ate bass one time when I was around 10 and that will never happen again....rather eat a shoe.

4. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

yeah i no wat ya mean about taste. the only reason id ever take one is for a mount and even then i mite get a replica

5. mikie_fin

mikie_fin Ohio & California

Pond #10 has some really big bass in it. When I lived in Ohio & when I venture back to Ohio I typically always fish #10, with decent luck. Top water this time of year can be awesome in #10. Stay around the stumps in #10. Did you get the hint, fish #10. As a side not, do not forget #2, it is located in town away from the above mentioned ponds.

Resthaven has always been my personal favorite. Keep the posts coming!!

6. I ate bass one time when I was around 10 and that will never happen again....rather eat a shoe. somebody don,t know how to cook ;)

7. I've been to Rest Haven twice this year and both times I got Chiggers Really bad! And that's too bad because I did well there both times (Pond 8). How are you guy's feeling any chigger bites?

8. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

if u dont sit in the grass u wont get em' and anyways i think they were in boats

9. bassmanmark

I was in a boat and pond #10 is very bad for my motor. I could only see about a foot down in pond 10 so that was a no go. Do you fish pond 2 from shore? Would never fish Rest Haven from shore because chiggers are a guarantee in the summer.

10. mikie_fin

You can fish #10 & #2 in a jon boat or in a tube. I fish in either of them. Yea there are areas in #10 that are shallow, but there are deeper parts. Find the drop offs & cover. There are shallow areas in just about every pond. Use your oars when the water gets too shallow. Good luck.

11. carxman17

carxman17 cincinnati fishaholic

Where is Rest Haven located

12. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

13. mikie_fin

State Route 269 in Castalia.

14. bassmaniac

bassmaniac Fish now, sleep later

How is the bass fishing over around the boat ramp area?

15. Good, I was @ pond 8 bout 3 weeks ago I did really well with Rubber worms I got more numbers around the backside of 8 though