Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a quick question about the reservoirs around here. Out of 1.Alum Creek, 2. Hoover, and 3. O' Shaughnessy reservoir, how would you rate each for bass (smallmouth and/or largemouth) fishing? Please rate each reservoir on a scale of 1-10. 1 being a rating of very poor bass fishing, and 10 being a rating of superb bass fishing. Don't worry about locations, I'm sure I can find some good looking areas, I'm just curious about how the bass populations at each place are. Thanks for your input!

·
Catch Photo And Release
2,181 Posts
Hoover is the best bass lake of the three by far. Plenty of nice largemouth and smallmouth. Oshay is an awesome fishery for bass too. There are smallies in there but you will catch more largemouth. Both these reservoirs have big fish and you can catch quite a few on good days. Alum is not even in the same playing field with hoover and oshay when it comes to finding bass and catching them. There are big bass in alum but they can be tough to find a lot of times. Sure there are lots of smallies in alum but they too can be tough to find especially this time of year especially quality ones. Small ones are everywhere. Alum has become a more difficult bass lake in the last 8 years or so. If you want to catch lots of bass, i would fish oshay or hoover. Out of the ones you mentioned.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I would love to get out on a boat on Hoover, but can't seem to find someone with a boat that will go. I always hear how great of a fishery it is, but with the hp limit I can't find someone with the right motor.

Do you fish it often?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
To me hoover has given up a lot of better sized Largemouth. Alum I can't seem to keep the smallmouth off. Oshaunnesy I don't fish much but have caught some of each. I fish these lakes a reasonable amount from shore at night. This is from a guy who targets mostly saugeye and the nighttime summer pattern from the bank can be very good for bass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.