close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rescue

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by crooked stripe, Feb 15, 2005.

1. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

2 rescue trucks headed to Mogadore this afternoon about 4:00. I heard on the scanner that the victim was retreived from the lake. Didn't say dead or alive. Any info? No body I know would be dumb enough to venture out there with the ice in this condition.

2. must be going around. i just heard about a guy that fell in north today. actually he fell in 3 times before he could get off the ice. i did not hear about mog. though. hopefully they made it out alive.

3. I had work call out there and they won't release any information. Said there was an incident at 4:36pm off Congress Lake Rd, but didn't say what happened.

Be darn careful out there please.

4. crooked stripe

I will stop by in the morning to see what I can see. For some reason I had the scanner turned off or I would have more info. I stopped by in the AM just to have a cup a java and wish for open water and the ice looked like milk. Hopfully they didn't make it out to far. I hope the person was able to learn a lesson!

5. Got some more info. I guess someone went thru around 4:30. They got out OK on their own the first time, then broke through again two more times. Some other fishermen got him out. He was taken to the hospital with hypothermia for observation.

Sunday, the FD was doing ice training out there on the West side of Congress Lake Rd. in the open water area there. I don't know which side of CLR this person went in, but with the very warm temps and rain the past few days, the ice can go quick. There was only about 5 inches there Sunday.

Watch the edges fellas.

6. crooked stripe

Thanks for the info BD. Stopped this morning and couldn't see a thing from the east parking lot. I thought a person might see a hole where they went in but no sign from in the truck.