Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Report for the Whitewater River. We floated it from the Indiana border into Ohio. Well for one, our trip was delayed due to the rain and the lighting. Finally got in around 11 am, got hit with a few pop up downpours but no lighting which was the important part. Floated about 8 miles, my buddy and I hit some dink SM, white bass, and a couple of nice sauger. We stopped and waded a few holes. We were throwing tubes most of the day, they were hit or miss. My buddy switched over to a 4 inch Yozuri minnow. We were throwing into the riffle when my buddy hooked up to a pig, as soon as it hit, you heard the line scream off the reel only to see the SM jump upstream and toss the Yozuri Minnow, I though he was going to cry, I felt like crying!! LOL
Anyway, the bit was off, probally the front that was moving thru, but did not get skunked. Also the white bass that I caught was on a Spook, top water, nice hit. I have noticed that guys have not found the SM in other areas, I wonder if the water temp has anything to go with it, we have had some rain here latley and that has to bring the temp down. Just wondering. Any way you guys should try this portion of the Whitewater in Ohio. There is a great little canoe rental on it and they will transport you and your kayak for 10 bucks. Nice float. It is called Green Acres Canoe Rental, check it out.

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
i did that float last year it is good fishing. i think it was 7 or 8 dollars a the canoe place to haul my kayak. dont forget your indiana license though the rangers were on the river last summer checking

1 - 2 of 2 Posts