close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Replica mounts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by flathunter, Sep 18, 2004.

1. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

2. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Nice site! I caught a 7#er out at Long Lake 2 years ago and took some pics and released her. I have been considering getting a reproduction for a long time.

3. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Nice work......need a loan....All Fish Up To 16"...............................................$169.00
    Over 16".....................................................$10.00/inch
    Pedestal Mounted (can be seen from all sides)................$12.50/inch
    Mounted on Panel (walnut or oak)..............................add $10.00
    Mounted on Driftwood..........................................add $25.00
    Standard UPS shipping in US for fish shorter than 50 inches...add $25.00

So that 50" bluecat would get a little pricey...good thing for cameras !! ;)

Great pricing on the smaller fish....20" or so !!

4. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

being a fish taxidermist myself, I must say that is some very quality work that this gentleman does. He is definatley a top notched fish taxidermist..

flash------------------------------out

5. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Hey Ben, whats up? Do you think this guy is worth the money. His looks better than Bass Pro and mine would only be about $25 more if I got it from him.

6. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

You get what you pay for in taxidermy. Those whom charge more know that they have the skill to produce quality mounts and deserve to be compensated for their superior work. With the reproductions, you will actually get a better mount. There is no shrinkage to deal with, no epoxy work to worry about, and many other tid bits of things that need fixed with skin mounts. Of coarse you have to get over the fact that the fish hanging on your wall is a reproduction and not the real thing even if it does look good.

That gentleman on that website has the best reproduction mounts I have ever seen, and I believe they look better than any fish mounts I seen entered in the state taxidermy competition this year.

flash------------------------------------out