Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Small Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's come time to replace the floor in my 1976 17' AMF/Crestliner and I have no experience doing this in a boat. One sheet of 4x8 marine plywood would probably be enough to cover the area needing replaced, however I was interested in any feedback those of you experienced in this area might have. How tough of a job is this going to be, generally speaking.

Also, I thought about using PVC flooring (without carpeting) in place of the plywood, but was concerned about it being too slippery. Are there any other alternative materials anyone could suggest? Also, if I decide to go with the plywood, are there any places locally (Akron/Cleveland area) that stocks this? Home Depot, Lowes, etc. do not seem to be options.

Thanks,

Todd

·
Registered
344 Posts
Marine grade plywood and carpet is going to be the "stickest" floor combination. On a scale of 1-10 I'd say a 5. If you have decent wood working skills and taking your time it should come out nice. Measure three times....lol.

You can also use King Starboard. But it's expensive and extremely heavy. Laird Plastics carrys it. If used it's best to coat with a non-skid paint to help with traction.

Hope that helps..

·
Small Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks....still looking for some ideas where to buy Marine Plywood. And perhaps a good, detailed webpage, if there's one around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts