close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Replacement windows

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tech187, Jun 27, 2007.

1. I am looking to replace the 2 windows on the front of my house. I hear Ads for Factory Direct Windows on the radio all the time claiming $279.00 per window installed, but I can't find anyone who has had work done by them. I went to their website several days ago and left a message for one of their salesman to get me a quote, but have not heard a word. I am not looking for anything special, just a couple decent windows that don't look as crappy as the ones I have now. Does anyone have any recommendation for replacment windows in the Columbus area? Thanks

2. I had all of mine done by Rosatti when I bought mine. Can't complain one bit. They weren't the cheapest, but I liked the fact they made them/soldthem/and installed them. No middle man to deal with. Great product and the installers were great.

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I have to agree with Dakota, Rosatti is who I would check with.
    I had the Window factory install mine 8 or 10 years ago. Great windows, but the company sold out to another company and now they won't service them. Lucky the guy that did these now installs for Rosatti and has fixed mine.

4. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

PM sent...good luck!

5. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

window world... they did mine at $189.00 guaranteed forever. you throw a rock through it, they will replace it for free.

6. Did the $189.00 just include the cost of the window or did that also include installation? If that includes installation I can't imagine beating that price. Do you feel they installed a decent quality window?

7. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

That price most likely is for a minimum order, say, five windows or more.

I recently got two estimates for twenty two windows. One of them was from the guy that wants to save you a lottttttttttt of money (Mikey). Their estimate was for over $8000. The other estimate was for $500 more. I ended up buying the windows myself (a high quality vinyl window with a lifetime guarantee), from a local building supply house for $2400, and installing them myself over a three day period.

8. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

if you can read a tape measure and use a screwdriver you can install you own windows.i replaced 14 in my house and the worse part of it was removing the window weights and the hardware.
    it's really is a simple job.

9. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

installed. you have to love this deal. ive yet to hear anything bad or have any problems with these windows.