Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Cant remember If I ordered one or picked one up...but it was cinch to replace.

·
Akron
2,441 Posts
Pull out the strap to the end. Remove the bolt shown in your picture just above the bolt that serves as the axle. Replace the new strap the way the old one came off.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Overtons. com

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It broke about 4 inches from the hook, I believe it’s the original strap and needs fully replaced

Where did it break? I just turned mine around and used the "new unused end". Had the local canvas shop sew a new eye on it for the hook, cost me 5 bucks.

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
You can have mine if you like. I just replaced a Fulton 1500lb wench. It has a 20’ strap that is in good condition. Somewhat close to you.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just as leeabu said. Simple job. Just takes a few minutes. Unwind the old strap, remove the through bolt, attach the new one with the bolt through loop and wind it up under tension. Here’s the one I used for replacement.

https://www.amazon.com/Fulton-WS20HD0600-Heavy-Trailer-Winch/dp/B001F0MHV4/ref=sr_1_2?crid=NX4QCLTYZQSB&dchild=1&keywords=fulton+winch+strap&qid=1594896580&sprefix=Fulton+w,aps,195&sr=8-2

i was looking at that one as well, however I need a secondary safety chain

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You can have mine if you like. I just replaced a Fulton 1500lb wench. It has a 20’ strap that is in good condition. Somewhat close to you.

Thanks for the offer However I don’t think it’s heavy enough for my boat

·
Registered
2 Posts
My winch broke today abs in looking to replace the strap.

has anyone done this before?

I’m looking at the double strap that’s rated for 5000 lbs or one that’s rated for 10,000lbs
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/rod...04ja1UBdtWUo7dWCGoQaAg0iEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
I put the auto connect on my bass boat years ago - still have the strap as a backup but this thing is awesome and I'll never be without one on any trailer I have. Drive the boat on, it clicks into the device, drive out, one man operation and the driver of truck never has to get out, fast!!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I put the auto connect on my bass boat years ago - still have the strap as a backup but this thing is awesome and I'll never be without one on any trailer I have. Drive the boat on, it clicks into the device, drive out, one man operation and the driver of truck never has to get out, fast!![/QUOTE

if that’s the drotto system or a different one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
mine is the ramp-n-clamp - I even lost a little pin out of it after about 2 years of use, they sent me a new one free. I seen pros use these, they're nice

·
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins
5,146 Posts
I'm cheap & I gotta do everything myself,,,,,, so I replace all of my worn straps & or frayed cables with Harbor Freight nylon lift straps,,, 20'-25',,, rated whatever.

KIS

·
Registered
77 Posts
If it broke than means the whole thing is most likely weakened.
Not sure why anyone would try to repair a $30 part on a $1k plus piece of equipment. Your just asking for trouble.
Polyester and nylon degrade with heat and UV over time.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts