Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the temperatures warming up I am finally able to work on my boat. I damaged my prop last season so I had to replace the prop. Thank You Tube for I did find a video that show me exactly what I needed to do to replace the prop. I did have a little help from my friend to get the old prop off. I took the old prop to the boat store where I got a good deal on a new prop. I put it on the boat after I got home that Tuesday afternoon. My next warm dry day I will need to get out my rabbit ears to fire up the motor.

I did check out the ramps east of Cincinnati as I went to and from the boat store. None of them had a dock in as yet. Talked with of the guys, both said late April or early May before they plan on get the docks in place. All of the ramps had several feet of mud and piles of debris from the 2 floods we had the past 3 weeks. So I might be some time before I can take a trip on the river with my boat. When we get about 3 or 4 warm dry days I am thinking of take the boat to a local lake for a shakedown trip.

For you guys from Cincinnati area that use chicken breast for bait Kroger has a sale this week. The Tyson in bone chicken beast are only 99 cents per pound. I went a got a packet over 2 pounds for use in the future. I am also checking out a spot for creek chubs, as soon as the show up I intend to put my minnow trap to stock up on them.

AUTHOR OF AMAZON E-BOOKS ”ROD BENDING CATFISH”

https://www.amazon.com/ROD-BENDING-...35&sr=1-1&keywords=rod+bending+catfish#navbar

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
When you had the prop off did you check the splines to make sure they were not twisted? Did you put a liberal amount of marine grease on the prop shaft before installing the new prop? did you install a new cotter pin on the outside? some people miss those VERY IMPORTANT STEPS. I only ask because you stated you had to look up how to do it. I change props on my boats 30 or so times a year so I am used to what to look for and do at installation.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did check the things you stated it was covered by the Merc. video on you tube Turn the motor over the other day every thing worked o.k.

When you had the prop off did you check the splines to make sure they were not twisted? Did you put a liberal amount of marine grease on the prop shaft before installing the new prop? did you install a new cotter pin on the outside? some people miss those VERY IMPORTANT STEPS. I only ask because you stated you had to look up how to do it. I change props on my boats 30 or so times a year so I am used to what to look for and do at installation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts