close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rental cars

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigjohn513, Apr 5, 2005.

1. On friday april 29 im heading out to alabama to goto the nascar race...then on monday im driving back to Norris Lake then home on sunday..all of the rental places seen to be close to the same price
    question #1 Anyone know any discount rental places from Cincinnati
    question #2 any rental car places to stay away from? ..share some of your good points and bad

Thanks guys

2. even an 80yr old lady that nevers drives abouve 25mph does dounuts in a rental car :D

3. problem is i have a ford f350 with a 460 in it and my wife has a crown vic with a v-8..lol the rental cost will probly save me that much in gas, let alone wear and tear

4. nothing partys like a rental------get the fancy insurance

5. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Try a dealership. I have found some to better than some mainstream rental companies.

6. I live up here by Kent St. in Northeast and am heading to clearwater, FLA Thursday...

I found a full size (hopefully GrandPrix) for 10 days at $288 from Alomo at the Canton/Akron airport....how ironic huh ?...I'm goin to an airport to pick up a car to drive to fla..... :D

My mastercard has secondary ins coverage up to 50,000, and my regular primary car ins covers me...so I decline the rental ins from the company...

good luck and shop around, but stay with a mainstream rental agency....

steely123

7. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

I have never used them so I don't know what the service is like but I just saw a commercial for Alamo rental for 19.99 a day for a car. I think it was for a compact size. The website they advertised was Alamo.com.

8. Bigjohn ck your PM's ;)

9. I heard on the radio last week that there are some really good deals from the rental car companies to bring their cars that have been in the south back north for the summer. The specific deal I heard talked about renting a minivan for a week for $119. You can get cheap one-way airfare down and then drive back. Just an idea. They had an 800 number to call about this, but I didn't write it down. I was listening to WTVN (610) in Columbus.

10. bugtussel

bugtussel Banned

Try transporting a car to your destination. You only pay gas. Maybe you might pay for the trip home but a savings is one.
    Rental companies and sale agencies do this all the time.
    Bug