Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to take my cover off my boat to repair a tear in it. And I was without a cover for a few days. The maple tree behind us was full of buds and with the high winds we had in the last few days it blew tons of those buds into my boat. Now I have little orange stains on my floor. I tried simple green (regular and max), orange cleaner, oxi clean, fantastic, and my pressure washer. The only thing that sort of worked was the fantastic with a lot of scrubbing.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you try. Or does anyone have some other suggestions for me to try. Thanks.

·
Buckeye-Basser
1,589 Posts
I have something that works good. Made just for what you are asking about. I will check out what it is called and get back to you. Not real expensive either.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I've used a product called Wonderfoam. Wet area thoroughly, spray on, rinse thoroughly. Takes just about any kind of grime off.

Tim

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,044 Posts
i read something in trailer boats mag just last week(but it was an old issue) where this guy mixed lemon juice, baking soda and water. he made a paste and applied it let it set a bit, when he scrubbed it off the stain was gone. it was a rust stain. he said he tried all types of cleaners but this was by far the best cleaner he used. ill look for the article and let you know the exact amounts he mixed. it was an article about store bought cleaners vs. home made ones.

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't had a chance to try anything out yet. I am off tomorrow and I am going to try Ezbites suggestion since I have those items at the house. I'll let you know if it works. If it doesn't work, I guess I'll break open the wallet :(

Ez, do you know what the mixture ratio was by chance?

·
Dr Data
732 Posts
I start with a Mr Clean Magic Eraser It gets an amazing amount of crap off then Bug and tar cleaner/wax then stronger from there like the stuff that says rinse off immediately

I had leaf stains on my swim platform last year ... magic eraser...

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
duckman, those things are OUTSTANDING. I never thought about using them on the boat. My little 2yr old made a mess with some crayons. My wife tried everything on the marks to no avail. A family member suggested to try out the eraser. And the marks came right up. I'll try that also today.

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used the magic eraser. It worked like a charm! It took off every stain with a little bit of elbow grease. Thanks for all your help guys. I keep the other products you all recommended in mind for something that this little product won't take care off first. They are around 3 bucks a box for two of these little things. Well worth the money!

The picture on the right shows the stains and the one on the left shows the after effect.

Attachments

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,044 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts