Ohio Game Fishing banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ruger got Marlin when Remmington was parted out. I'm happy about that, maybe the marlin quality will come back to what it was.. I know the customer service will be better.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
It matters not about quality of Marlin. The guns are not going to be made to same specs as JM Marlins. Guns can’t be made of milled parts and sold at prices that people can afford and volume to keep factory working. I have rifles over 100yrs old that have been in use many generations. These new guns with MIM & plastic parts will not be 100yr old heirlooms.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It matters not about quality of Marlin. The guns are not going to be made to same specs as JM Marlins. Guns can’t be made of milled parts and sold at prices that people can afford and volume to keep factory working. I have rifles over 100yrs old that have been in use many generations. These new guns with MIM & plastic parts will not be 100yr old heirlooms.
I realize they wont be moving Marlin back to North Haven, But at least fit and finish issues, and customer service will be better. I would rather buy a Ruglin..than a Remlin. I have 2 pre Remlin Model 30s that i wouldnt trad for a new one..

21 - 27 of 27 Posts