close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Remington to Acquire Marlin Firearms

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Nightprowler, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

should be a good move for both hopefully-

2. DarbyMan

DarbyMan Seize the day

I sure hope it is a good move for Marlin. I have 3 Marlins and love them dearly. They make, IMO, the finest rifles and I hope that quality does not diminish. I just hope that down the road I can still buy a Marlin, made in Conneticut and still get the quality I am used to. Nothing against Remington, I own a couple of those too and love them as well. I just have a soft spot for Marlin firearms.

I think Remingtons market power mat be beneficial to Marlin though.

3. lg_mouth

lg_mouth It's Trigger Time!!!

I hope that it is a good business for both as well. I love my Marlins, only own one Remington, a 700 in .223. Marlin makes the best rimfires in the business in my humble opinion, so I hope they can continue to do things the Marlin way.

I also hope this doesn't effect New England and H&R. They build the finest single shots and hope they can continue to do so.

Marlin is coming out with a centerfire line of bolt actions, the XL7. Looks a whole lot like the Remmy 700s. Same bolt, same stock, but a new and improved adjustable trigger. May be in the market for one of these in the future if they pass the test of the market. Hate to buy one and have the XL7 have the same fate as the previous Marlin centerfire bolts.

I guess time will tell.

Lg_mouth