Remington 710

Discussion in 'Guns and Ammo' started by buzzedredneck, Oct 15, 2007.

1. ANYBODY HAVE A 710? I HAVE THE 270 ONE AND IT SHOOTS HALF INCH GROUPS AT 100 YDS, BUT IVE BEEN READING STORIES ABOUT GUYS HAVIN PROBLEMS WITH THEIR ACTIONS AND SUCH.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. There is a Varmint hunting website that I get onto and I believe that I seen a thread where a guy was having troubles with his(this was a year or two ago) Im a fan of Big Green especially the rifles but they have taken a bit of a hit the last few years about there quality, most of them that I have heard of have concerned barrel quality, I know that alot of people are buying Savage and CZ now...I think price also plays into this as well.

3. Half inch groups with a 710 ; you better keep that one or you're one heck of a shot. Have shot a couple of them ; a 22-250 & a 270. The accuracy was maybe average , but I thought the action felt a little sloppy & had some drag to it. I'm a huge Remington fan , but I think they're cutting too many corners to keep the price down. I love my mid 70's model 700 in '06, but they probably can't afford to make them like that and be competitive price wise. That being said, if you shoot it well, who cares what others think about it or if it feels loose. Both my sons took antelope with an old Mossberg bolt action that is absolutely butt ugly, but shoots very well.
    Tim