Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Like it was yesterday. I can't believe it's been 20 years. Take time to pray for those impacted directly by this today as well as for our country.
Moo,
You said it best......"Like it was yesterday"
"God Bless America, land that I love. Stand beside her and guide her..."!!

Mike

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
i remember it very well, we were pouring concrete in the brimfield kent area in portage co. out in the farmland areas and my brother called me and told us what was going on. and i never realized it at the time but that hi jacked airline flew over portage co. heading for p.a and we seen it because my boss said why is that plane flying so close to the ground. that is one of the times in my life i will never forget, nobody should ever forget

·
Fish fire food friends family
1,785 Posts
...I remember it like .......8.9.10 seconds ago. 2nd tower just collapsed. Boss came out to shop floor to find everyone standing around in small groups trying to listen/find any information about the mornings event that was unfolding...

...told lead supervisors to send everyone home.

...now mind you all...I have <0> zero impact with anything that has to do <military> protection/time from this land ...have friends/family that have. Grandpa...long gone and his stories.

...I simply took a minute in fish lab today and listened to some songs from various artists.

A.Lewis <am I the only one> uncensored version.
Creed Fisher and his singing with red/white/blue.

...not trying to political this post. Just that I just recently took a minute and bowed my head <not kneel> and flashed through some phone pictures...

...and said my peace 👊🙏🗽🇱🇷

Sunrises/sunsets...that is a given.

How you wake/go to bed...is on you with tomorrow's ...

Catfish,

Don.
Flag of the united states Rectangle Font Flag Electric blue

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
There's a saying "you are where you were when." Pearl Harbor, the Great Depression, Nam, assassination of JFK, Kent State shootings, Iraq, 911, Afghanistan. That, shapes many of our thoughts and beliefs. It's so important to insure those who were not here then, know why it's so important to not forget. God Bless the family's of all those deceased on that terrible day.

·
Registered
9,659 Posts
Heard it on the radio while I was driving a 4 mos. Brit pup to OSU Vet Hospital who was recently diagnosed with hip dysplasia. When I walked into the hospital with Katie, pretty much the entire staff was in the lobby glued to the big screen tv. Most terrible thing I’ve ever witnessed happening in realtime. That, and when I was sitting in HS biology class, when the principal made an announcement over the intercom that JFK had been assassinated are two things I’ll never forget as long as I’m still breathing! “God Bless America”!(we needed it then, and now as much as ever!)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Heard it on the radio while I was driving a 4 mos. Brit pup to OSU Vet Hospital who was recently diagnosed with hip dysplasia. When I walked into the hospital with Katie, pretty much the entire staff was in the lobby glued to the big screen tv. Most terrible thing I’ve ever witnessed happening in realtime. That, and when I was sitting in HS biology class, when the principal made an announcement over the intercom that JFK had been assassinated are two things I’ll never forget as long as I’m still breathing! “God Bless America”!(we needed it then, and now as much as ever!)
HS bio class, my gosh I thought I was old old, I remember after JFK coming home form 4th grade, er, 1st grade, yea kindergarten, well anyhow, when I got home Mom was sitting in front of the black and white TV sobbing, also noticed years later my FIL had JFK's picture downstairs on top pf the color TV where he went once a week on sunday afternoon to watch the Browns (who else)... JFK was a beloved president "ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for my country" (we could use a little more of that nowadays)

·
'Super Moderator'
13,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Max Soviak. 🙏
God rest his soul!
And praying that someway...somehow...enough peace and comfort that can only be delivered through our Heavenly Father to cope with such a senseless tragedy will come to his loved ones as well as the loved ones of the 12 other soldiers needlessly killed.
Also praying for those left behind as I fear we will never know their true demise.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I was asleep in my hotel room outside of Sacramento, CA...wife called me saying to turn on TV...six of us were supposed to start a project at a nearby college campus that morning...we had a work van shipped out there with all of our tools and test equipment...after a couple of days of sitting in hotel was informed project was put on hold...we had to drive back to Ohio since the airlines were all shut down.

·
2,083 Posts
Max Soviak. 🙏

Was watching Mr Siller from Tunnel2Tower.org Sunday and he said the one young Marine that was killed wife was do to have a baby any day. He called her and told her don't worry about where you will live, we are going to build you a new home!! Love that man and his mission....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was teaching algebra and there was a knock on the door. English teacher told me that someone who just flow in an airplane into the world trade towers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts