Registered
1,534 Posts
Captain Kangaroo
Monday thru Friday, 8-9 am, ch8 wjw

Let's see if we can find pics of:
MIster Green Jeans
Bunny Rabbit
Table Coat Organism Carnivore Suit

Need help (alot of help!!!), wasn't there a moose character, and a girl actor???

Found them, (on Google, of course)
Mr Moose
Dancing bear
Fred (on the magic board) loved him
The painter (nameless?)
Grandfather clock!!!
In northeast ohio, do you remember Captain Penny? Wore that railroad engineers hat & his signoff was "Remember kids, you can fool all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool mom".
Damn! I'm gettin' old!! LOL
OH, BTW...
Table Coat Organism Carnivore Suit

Mike

·
Registered
824 Posts
In northeast ohio, do you remember Captain Penny? Wore that railroad engineers hat & his signoff was "Remember kids, you can fool all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool mom".
OH, BTW...
View attachment 481548

Mike
In SW Ohio we had Uncle Al & Captain Wendy,Ruth Lyons & Paul Dixon,Lord I'm old

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
OH, BTW...
View attachment 481548

Mike
I’m probably wrong but I thought that was Barnaby that used to say that…not that it matters…both were and in my book still are icons from the northeast section of OH-IO…I think the Captain was Ron Penfound and Barnaby was Lynn Sheldon…late 50’s early 60’s…WOW…what about Miss Barbara and her see through mirror…

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
OH, BTW...
View attachment 481548

Mike
I’m probably wrong but I thought that was Barnaby that used to say that…not that it matters…both were and in my book still are icons from the northeast section of OH-IO…I think the Captain was Ron Penfound and Barnaby was Lynn Sheldon…late 50’s early 60’s…WOW…what about Miss Barbara and her see through mirror…
Hey Joe,
You are right about the guys who played the Captain & Barnaby but I got you on the signoff, it WAS Captain Penny....I copied this from a google search..
Captain Penny would say at the end of every show, "You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool Mom"
Uncle Al made me laugh as I thought of Alan Sues "Uncle Al, the kiddie's pal" from the show Laugh-In.

Mike

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hey Joe,
You are right about the guys who played the Captain & Barnaby but I got you on the signoff, it WAS Captain Penny....I copied this from a google search..
Captain Penny would say at the end of every show, "You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool Mom"
Uncle Al made me laugh as I thought of Alan Sues "Uncle Al, the kiddie's pal" from the show Laugh-In.

Mike
Anyone that grew up in Dover,New Philadelphia remember weejee....lived in WJER radio tower red light

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Sadly, our little ones today no longer have these fun hosts to watch! Now it's all cartoons, but no more Lil Rascals, Yosemite Sam (my fave), Bugs & Elmer Fudd, etc, etc

Mike

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Hey Joe,

Mike
After I posted I sorta figured that I was wrong…a lot of years ago…everything is animated now for these youngsters today

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I saw a commercial last night for fruity and coco Pebbles, didn't even know they still made them, and I asked my wife if kids today even know who the Flintsones are??

reelylivinsportfishing.com

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
10,118 Posts
OH, BTW...
View attachment 481548

Mike
Yeah, but that's not all of it. It goes on, "She's pretty nice and pretty smart. You do what Mom says, and you won't go far wrong!"

And Barnaby had Woodrow the Woodsman as a sometimes cohort. I don't remember all of his sign off, but it ended with, "...and if anybody asks, tell them Barnaby said hello."

And during the holidays there was Mr. Jingaling! Nowadays that what call Yuengling beer! Sometimes the barkeep gets it, sometimes not!

Reactions: ohiotuber

·
Registered
98 Posts
Look at the mug on that kid, that'll keep the rift raft out of the neighborhood, add the way he's brandishing his gun adds the exclamation point without saying a word.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
They were “service stations” and not convenience stores with gas pumps. The guy pumped your gas, washed windshields, made change on the fly, sold tires and repaired your car
Yeah!! He was also one of, if not THE, best mechanics in town!! (y)

Mike

601 - 620 of 626 Posts