Ohio Game Fishing banner
461 - 480 of 511 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Remember when tv type screens were illegal in youre car and you had to look behind you and judge youre distance

·
Registered
78 Posts
There'd be 50+ boats out of each marina/launch ramp, anchored up, jerking perch. Could only use one pole because action was so fast. Had to get your bait past all the 7-9 inchers and lay it on the bottom to catch those 11-13's. I started using a small net on them so I wouldn't lose them. Had to stop fishing to get a bite to eat or a drink.
Ah, at least we have our memories.

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
9,924 Posts
Back when my buddy and I got our driver's licenses and first cars, he knew some spots a smidge of a hike away, that were loaded with rabbits. They were all around a small town. We'd hunt the morning, and head to the "downtown" , such as it was, for lunch at a diner. Then we'd go back out and hunt the afternoon. When we were in town, you'd see kids of younger than driving age walking home with shotguns on their shoulders! They'd been out hunting too.

And you could just drive around country roads, look at a field, and just know there were pheasant in there! Stop at the nearest house and ask permission, and get it more times than not! And there would be pheasant in that field. We didn't have a bird dog, but we were young. So it was just a lot of walking and kicking brush piles and what have you.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Talking about amusement parks , we could go to Geauga lake on nickle night and ride all evening cheap, then save our last ticket for the fun house till closing.. now look at cedar points prices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
213 Posts
Noone had to have a phone glued to their ear, literally everywhere they are at anytime, day or night. And everyone drove with Two Hands on the steering wheel.
I don't remember two hands on the steering wheel but I do remember one hand on the wheel and one on the shifter. Now it's one hand on the wheel and one on the cell phone.

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
9,924 Posts
Reactions: Ruminator

·
STX 206 Viper
1,876 Posts
Back when my buddy and I got our driver's licenses and first cars, he knew some spots a smidge of a hike away, that were loaded with rabbits. They were all around a small town. We'd hunt the morning, and head to the "downtown" , such as it was, for lunch at a diner. Then we'd go back out and hunt the afternoon. When we were in town, you'd see kids of younger than driving age walking home with shotguns on their shoulders! They'd been out hunting too.
I was 15 or so, walking down the road with a shotgun over my shoulder when a cop pulled up next to me. He asked where I was hunting and how I did. Showed him a couple of rabbits in my pouch and described where I’d hunted. He said he thought he’d give that a try, thanked me and went on his way.
I don’t think that type of encounter would go the same way these days

·
Registered
441 Posts
Remember back in the Sixties your Eyes glued to the TV watching mercury and Apollo space rockets, Proud , amazed and in Awe of the Hand picked Astronauts and Nasa all with the "Right Stuff" Now the Right Stuff is Money and you can go into Space but still fun to watch!

·
TeamOGF
7,028 Posts
I remember as a kid calling out through the living room window to my dad who was up on the roof to turn the new TV antenna just a little more... nope you missed it... back it up a bit...trying to position the antenna so we could pick VHF channels 3,5,and 8; and UHF channel 23 and 43.

Saturday morning cartoons followed by SuperHost on channel 43 with his sci-fi black and white movie.
Black and white scary monster, Dracula, Frankenstein movies on weekend Fright Night late night TV shows.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I remember as a kid calling out through the living room window to my dad who was up on the roof to turn the new TV antenna just a little more... nope you missed it... back it up a bit...trying to position the antenna so we could pick VHF channels 3,5,and 8; and UHF channel 23 and 43.

Saturday morning cartoons followed by SuperHost on channel 43 with his sci-fi black and white movie.
Black and white scary monster, Dracula, Frankenstein movies on weekend Fright Night late night TV shows.
And the National Anthem putting you to sleep,lights out!

·
assassin
293 Posts

Don't forget my all time fav--
Font Publication Fictional character Movie Art

·
TeamOGF
7,028 Posts
Had to do this once- go out to the cherry tree and break off a switch... :(
Kept on top of the fridge was an old plastic ball bat with the outer end cut off, you could hear this whoosh as it came whistling in!

There was no waiting until Dad got home from work, Mom took care of business on her watch.

On those rare occasions that called for it, she didn't want the first thing Dad had to do when he got home from work was mete out discipline to his sons.

Reactions: $diesel$

·
TeamOGF
7,028 Posts
Yep, and most single pieces of candy- and Bazooka Joe bubble gum was a penny.
And packs of gum were a nickel, as were bubble gum cigars. And candy cigarettes with a red-colored front end to resemble it being lit.

Ridng my bike into town at the end of summer to check out the classroom lists to see who your next year teacher was to be, and who all would be in your classroom.

461 - 480 of 511 Posts