Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wait for it I'm smiling because earlier today I was fishing for some Crappie and yep successful a few nice ones when my cork went under and I set the hook and the drag sang to me I'm thinking ok ultra light equipment 4 pound test play this puppy crank crank drag goes crank drag for three minutes Wait For It get it to the bank nice catfish about 3 1/2 pounds wore his butt out went to pull him up to the bank less then 6 in high snap line broke should have used STREN lol That's why I'm smiling not because of a lost fish I remembered the commercial where it opens with kids in a school play and the childrens line was I think were re lost and the teacher comes out on a wire above the stage and says Don't worry kids I will Help youuuuu as the wire breaks sending her to the floor as the announcer says Should have used Stren the toughest fishing line in the world Lol

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
Switch to braid with floor leaders, you won't regret it. Could be using 8lb braid instead of 4lb for the mainline. Although I suppose you still would have been using a 4 lb floro leader.

Lifting a fish that big straight up on 4lb is Rissskkaaayyy!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Switch to braid with floor leaders, you won't regret it. Could be using 8lb braid instead of 4lb for the mainline. Although I suppose you still would have been using a 4 lb floro leader.

Lifting a fish that big straight up on 4lb is Rissskkaaayyy!
see reply

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to Alabama fishing met a couple friends at H Neely Henry Lake and fished the dam when we got of of the car I asked them what pound test they had 80 pound was the reply I said I had 8 pound test what size weights 3 oz was their reply I had 3/4 oz he fished the dam I caught a 3 pound cat and hauled its butt up the side of the dam's causeway and about 15 minutes later I set the hook and thought ah S#1T this is a big fish none of the buddies was paying any mind to me as I fought that cat till his tongue was hanging out and as I started to lift that 6 pound cat up one of the good old boys said Y'all think ya can get him up here on that 8 pound test line I said sure and by golly I did when we got back from fishing those old boys said Old mike out fished us all lol

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Comedy can be hard to follow in text.

Also everyone has their own writing skill sets.
yep I all can read writin but kan't right writin lol and dang gone it thats a lot of writin spelling period after y'all get don with one sentenace Like my cozin gets done with his sentance next week period

Reactions: Karl Wolf

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
yep I all can read writin but kan't right writin lol and dang gone it thats a lot of writin spelling period after y'all get don with one sentenace Like my cozin gets done with his sentance next week period
I can understand you just fine, friend.
I myself only have an 8th grade education and if it wasn't for auto spelling, would have a rough time trying to properly spell some of the words I like to use occasionally.

Also your post was CLEARLY about fishing line. ;)

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I myself only have an 8th grade education and if it wasn't for auto spelling, would have a rough time trying to properly spell some of the words I like to use occasionally.

lmao commercials but since your posts always make me laugh I'll go along with commercials i mean fishing line or beer

Reactions: Karl Wolf

·
Registered
742 Posts

No it was not. Read the last 2 lines about the COMMERCIAL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts