close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Relocating

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by williamonica0214, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Hey guys & gals I will be moving to minneapolis,MN in about 2 months. I was wonder if anyone knows good places to fish near there or know of a great web site like this for the state of MN . Any help would be great thanks

2. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

You will have more places to fish than you have time. I lived just outside of St. Paul for 5 yrs. Get a map, draw a circle with a diameter of 10 mi. around Minneapolis and count the lakes. The further out you go, the more lakes, rivers, streams you will have. Take your long johns. In fact take several pairs of long johns. You are going to learn what cold is.

3. Yeah well I will learn to ice fish finnally I bet LOL thanks grumpy.

4. From there, you would be able to take short trips into the boundary waters. It would be nice to not have to plan a year in advance and have that long drive back and forth.

See http://www.quietjourney.com/community/ for some info about the area. Quetico is the Canadian park that lies to the north of the boundary waters. You can spend a lifetime fishing some of the bigger lakes (LaCroix, Basswood) that hold some fish of a lifetime (monster pike, lake trout, etc).

5. isn;t this the state where they start pluging in the motor heaters in july?? LOL have a great time ,

6. Some very nice trout streams in the La Crosse area, on both the Minnesota and Wisconsin side. They refer to the Wisc area as the "coulies", which are spring-fed streams full of naturally reproducing trout (brown, brook, a few rainbows).

Even though I have job opportunities in that area, I could never live there. The temptations to fish would probably ruin my employment.

7. Yes. In fact, we had the fireplace on a few weeks ago in the western UP for a few nights. Pretty nice when temps down here were in the 90s.

8. Not what i wanted to hear . I am trying not to think of the cold . Just keep thinkingit's the land of 10,000 lakes

9. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

One thing I did forget to mention. If your job involves travel, be sure you schedule yourself to be in town during whatever week you will have summer. ;) Just kidding...............................sort of.

10. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

And getting ready to fish the Mississippi River for Walleye. There is a website here much like OGF it is
    www.fishingminnesota.com check it out and I'm sure you'll find a great bunch of fishermen just like here...but don't forget us here at OGF.
    Good luck and gotta run....I think I gotta bite:D