Relocating fish. Summit County

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gauman2, May 17, 2008.

1. I currently have a stocked pond and I will be moving and would like to relocate the fish. Im located in Peninsula. Is it a smart thing to do? What is the best way to do it?

2. You need to contact a lake management consultant and discuss this with them. I'm sure it can be done but your would need professional help to pull it off. Try Bezdek(or "ik") Lake Mgmt. Consultants in Salem, Ohio(or somewhere in Colombiana Cty.).(I'm not sure if they're still in business?) Or check the net or yellow pages. Also, there's a pond mgt. forum on here. Copy your post and add it there also.
    If you can catch them, you can move fish in cheap LARGE garbage containers(with the snap-on lids-cheapest around at Big Lots). They will be okay in those for at least 15-20 miles, maybre more). I stocked a new pond 15 miles away with adult bluegills from another larger lake in Streetsboro(private owner-family friend!), so it can be done. Again, you have to find a way to catch them. That's where the pros come into play.

3. Durkalec and his crews emptied a lake of its fish and released them in Cleveland Metroparks lakes last week . . . see story at www.cleveland.com/outdoors . . .