close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Reliable Boat repair in central ohio

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by JUSTCRAZY, Feb 19, 2008.

1. JUSTCRAZY

JUSTCRAZY Wurlds Wurst Spellor

I have and 18' Tracker Targa that I need to take in and have looked at. There is an issue with the aluminum hull and may require some welding/fixing. With that being said, does anyone have actual experience dealing with a central ohio Tracker dealer? I am looking for someone who won't screw me over and can get the job done on site. Does any such dealer exist in this area?

I live Pataskala and will take the boat where it needs to go to get it done right. If there is no one local, Rodman can hook me a with a reputable dealer in the Pa. area.

Thanks for the input.

Rob

2. Rob,
    I think Tracker offers a Lifetime Warranty on their hulls. I would call Ohio Marine and check with them before you go anywhere else.

Let me know if you need any help with this.

Thanks
    Jeff

3. I am curious as to how old your Tracker Targa is? What exactly is the matter with it? I ask because I have considered buying one new. I like the layout but have read some negative things in BOAT US about Tracker Boat company not honoring their guarantees.

4. JUSTCRAZY

JUSTCRAZY Wurlds Wurst Spellor

It is a 2002(maybe a 2001 can't remember right off hand), but I purchased the boat used. I am not sure what happened to the spot in question. I'm most worried that there is a cross brace loose(not sure what the correct name is) because the one side has a "pop can" sound in the waves.
    What worries me is that the previous owner hit something/ran aground because there is a small dent in that area. That is why I am worried they may not cover it in a warranty. But I am going to find out.

Rob