close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Relaxing day wading Stonelick Creek, I think

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fishman, Jun 13, 2004.

1. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I drove around today, just trying to find a lazy river that wasn't flooded to fish. I was looking for anything be it creek chubs or smallies. After about 60 miles of driving I passed over a creek, I think it's called the Stonelick. I waded in it for about 4 or 5 hours, made it all the way to the Little Miami ( I think ) and turned back. My friend and I only managed to catch 1 largemouth, about 4 inches long, one long ear about 4 inches long, and 1 long nose gar, about 2 inches long. It was REALLY weird seeing on that small up close, he had to to be from this years hatch. I was wading along and saw what I thought was a small twig floating down stream. At a closer glance I noticed it was a tiny little gar. I took my hat off and ever so slowly picked him up in it. I looked him over for a while, having never saw one that size up close and promply put him back in the water.

Later in the day we came along a place that was about 7 foot deep and had a 10 cliff on the bank. We jumped off it a few times, sure felt great in the heat, and headed home. Slow day, but a fun one.

2. catking

catking Banned

Sounds like Stonelick to me' if it was accessed under the bridge on Rt#50 down the hill from Owensville. I believe it actually dumps into the East Fork Little Miami, then onto the Little Miami in Milford ;) CATKING

3. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Ya it was something like that :D

Man that thing is loaded with fish, I literally saw hundreds of carp and suckers, and several decent sized large mouths.

4. catking

catking Banned

Good smallie area also ;) DA KING !!!

5. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I didn't see a single smallmouth while I was in there. Maybe your talking about the Little Miami?

King we still gotta hook up and do some fishin'

6. catking

catking Banned

Hey fishman- Stonelick Creek has smallies in it for sure ;) In fact, I catch a few while netting for shad, The East Fork Little Miami& the Little Miami are both LOADED with smallies. We will have to hook up with that tour ;) Any time in the evening ;)