close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rejuvenation

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by TimJC, Apr 10, 2005.

1. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Well after having a depressing weekend at East Harbor I decided to try East Fork this afternoon, seeing as my gear was already loaded. With the nice weather I would be kicking myself if I didn't go.

I arrived about noon and fished the bank directly across from the boat ramp that launches into the creek (next time I'm skipping the mile hike (uphill in both directions :) ) and hitting the ramp area). It wasn't long before I got some action it was pretty steady. I managed 5 carp (and one small bluegill from an inline spinner). All the fish were small, but I seemed to be the center of attention with everyone else in the area doing poorly for all other species. They seemed to think that 3-4 pound carp are "pretty good size." I offered to throw a can of corn and rigs to a guy fishing with his kid on the other side, but they didn't want to take it. I know they won't forget the corn next time...

All fish were caught on meilie/method mix with sweet corn (had one maize rig that caught the last) on the hair. The last two fish also fall in the bonus category as I had almost entirely packed up at that point.

It was fun to actually get some fish with some decent weather. Pics to follow, but there really isn't much to see.

P.S. I also had a run in with a pair of ducks (the ones that look like chickens). They came up and sucked up all my spill maize and then came right up to me to eat the flakes of meilie that were at my feet. I even go then to eat out of my hands. they were sure friendly, though I sister didn't care for them.

2. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Way to go Tim, glad to see you made the most out of a very tough weekend....congrats on the catchin too.

Scott

3. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

here are the pictures of the "big carp" I caught today:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And let's not forget the ducks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Thanks for sharing some great pictures. Those fish sure had some beautiful color. :)

5. tim,
    next time your a mile from my house give me a call

6. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler