Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Amateur legend
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled across there website the other day while lookign for campgrounds. Anyone ever been here? Any info on the place would be great.

Much appreciated guys
-FT

·
I'd Rather be fishing!
273 Posts
yes been to that remote pay lake in clark co.
nice but the expections always out weigh the results :confused:
Try GPS or pm if your serious...I don't have time for pay lakes but
I have done at times.I really think if it was managed better it would
be my go to pay spot

·
CJ Wolfpack
4,311 Posts
Been there twice and have never did all that good for any species. It's outta the way so you better bring your bait and food or you'll be at their mercy so to speak. Unless they've cracked down on the partiers it's just like all the other paylakes,rowdy n loud at times. I'm not a big fan of any paylake for more than the rowdy n loud reason.

·
Amateur legend
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well you guys arent really giving a boost of confidence here how far is it from cj?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Its an old strip pit. I used to fish the gravel pits across the street a lot back in the 80's when my buddy lived there and we were aloud to fish. Caught a ton of bass in that lake including my all time biggest largemouth.

As for Rei Lakes....it is very nice, not your typical pay lake. I snuck in there a few times in the 80's and caught some big bass. I am sure there is still a good population of them. The last time I fished it was maybe 7 - 8 years ago, I think it cost about $10 or something and they would let you put a boat on it. We caught a lot of crappies that day. I will ask my friend if he has heard anything about it lately and if so I will post it.

·
Amateur legend
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats what i am really after is some good panfish bass or cats would be a bonus and she said i could put my boat on it so.........

as for you guys that said to not waste your time where would you suggest going im pretty much open to anything just going camping for a few days for my b-day just want to catch some fish and have some fun. I would really like to get into some nice crappie or gills

·
CJ Wolfpack
4,311 Posts
Hey don't let any of us persuade you to not try out the place. What could be the harm in it really,getting skunked maybe but even if that happens and you still have fun that's all that really matters. It'd probably be less crowded through the week but I don't imagine it getting terribly overcrowded on the weekends this time of the year.

·
Amateur legend
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah she said it was pretty empty and it's not just you guys talking me out of it.... with the crazy weather temps and patterns i think Ill hold off and try it in the spring. Would hate to pay 50 bucks a night (30 for camping,20 for fishing) to get skunked. Think ill just go to deleware....close to home and I can get some prefishing in for the tourney.

·
CJ Wolfpack
4,311 Posts
Unless it's changed in the last couple of years I have been there when it's been crowded. I've only been to one pay lake in my entire life that wasn't crowded and the only reason that one wasn't was because it's really out in the middle of nowhere,nothing,BFE.

·
CJ Wolfpack
4,311 Posts
yeah she said it was pretty empty and it's not just you guys talking me out of it.... with the crazy weather temps and patterns i think Ill hold off and try it in the spring. Would hate to pay 50 bucks a night (30 for camping,20 for fishing) to get skunked. Think ill just go to deleware....close to home and I can get some prefishing in for the tourney.
$50 is kinda expensive if you ask me. I mean do they really gotta charge you the $20 as well as the $30 for camping per night. If I was them I'd charge $35(that'd be the 1 night price,if you planned on staying more then I'd cut you a better deal) if you wanted to do both there but I'm not them so they can charge you that awful price. Your plan for going to Delaware sounds good,couldn't hurt to get in a little pre fishing for the tourny.

·
Amateur legend
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you know I considered morgans went there about three to four years ago and it was great other than the droves of canoers/partiers coming down the river every so often but I would imagine that it wouldnt be as crowded now......but it's prolly up from all the rain and I can't really use my boat there although I could use the canoe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts