Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any members ever fish Reelfoot? I am thinking of booking a two day trip in June? Any input would certainly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Cowboy Charters
1,660 Posts
yes, I fish it every year. It is a great lake to fish for Big Crappie and Big Bluegill. Don't know about fishing it in June, it might be pretty hot down there. My family just got back from there Thursday. Did pretty decent on crappie the days they could get out. You have to watch Reelfoot, you can get blown off the lake pretty easily.

I would suggest staying at either Blue Bank Resort or Cypress Point Resort. They supply the room, boat, gas, ice, and bait. They are very friendly people down there and will help you out.

I will be back down there the second week of October.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, I really appreciate the reply. Nice of you to take the time to give me a heads up. Sound like a decent spot to try our luck. Again, thank you for the input, I appreciate it. Tony B.

·
Registered
273 Posts
One heck of a crappie lake. I fished it last year and loved it. I too stayed at Blue Bank Resort. Top notch place and friendly people.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yankee,

Awesome picture, I love the background and structure for spring crappies. Too bad I'll be there a bit late for the close to shore action. I hope to pick a few up in deeper water trolling. Thanks for the reply.

Tony B.

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
have fun at reelfoot.be careful under those cypress trees.and hiding out in one of these if weather turns.
cottonmouths love hiding out there too:eek::D

·
Registered
273 Posts
That pic looks very familiar Misfit. Kinda like this one:)

Yeah be careful Tony B, the guys in the cabin next us found this guy when they stepped out. They made short work of him. Sad really.

Lot’s of big crappie down there. If you go they sell a sinker, hook and line setup that works great for trolling minnows.

….and they fry up nice and tasty:) .

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Get ahold of Ray Woodruff at Reelfoot, he has a guide service below is one of his emails recently:

"Hello friends! Just an updatte to let you know that the time is here and the BASS & CRAPPIE are hungry. We've been catching some quality fish in good numbers so don't wait. Book a guide trip and enjoy catching some quality fish.

CALL (731) 335-0263 or (731) 479-3482 (Reelfoot Lake rates are $200 per day for two and $250 for three people. Tackle furnished for crappie.) (Kentucky Lake rates are $225 and $275.)

I will help arrange your lodging accommodations at either Reelfoot Lake or Kentucky Lake, whichever you choose to fish, if you'd like. Just let me know.

Ray [email protected]"

Ray T. Woodruff, Ceo
Woodruff Enterprises
Reelfoot & Kentucky Lake Pro Guides &
The Pro Guides Team

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yankee,

Hey thanks for the picture!!... Now I am scared!! I just wanted to do some harmless panfishing...I never claimed to be a snake hunter!! :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts