close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Reel Review [Symetre 2500]

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Iron_Chef_CD, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Iron_Chef_CD

Iron_Chef_CD Allez Cuisine

Well on the advice of my OGF brothers I went out and picked up a Shimano Symetre 2500. Spooled it up with 8lb ironsilk, was thinking 6lb but had some 8 leftover...

It was a good day to test it out, had my old shimano on Friday and went to the scioto wading for the first time caught 25 fish of all sorts. Gave the old reel its final farewell but had a good idea of how it handled that day from catching all those fish.

Bought the Symetre that night and went back to the scioto the next day and caught another 25 or so. I have to say that it is one of the smoothest reels I've ever had the pleasure of using. I can honestly say that nothing about it disappointed me. I was a little hesitant at first because I've never spent that much on a reel and have always caught fish. I know I'm not the only guy here that didn't feel the need to spend that much for fishing gear. But I don't think I can go back now. I lost several fish the day before missing hook sets and that was not the case Saturday. The drag was smooth, I could cast what seemed like 100 yds and the overall handling was smooth as silk!

Thanks again everyone who offered me advice I'm really happy with my new purchase :D

2. Now plant that Symetre on a G.Loomis SJR721GLX and you're set! You'll be the envy of everybody on the Scioto ;)